first fish

robert

Can anyone remember theire very first fish they caught? I can, I was 8 years old and caught a bullhead with a piece of bacon on Puget Sound. I was hooked ever since.

njj502

No I don't, been fishing since I was 3. I do remember smoking my dad at age 12 or so in his buddy tourney. Landed big bass and 3rd or 4th place with one fish. He never invited me back....

GotMyAlly

Same here, been fishing since I was just a few years old. Had too many beers since then to remember that day.

whipper

Cant remember how old under 5 for sure, but remember what it was. I had my face in the water off my dads wharf in the ocean. Had a little crab on for bait as I did for years after this. I drooped in the line and would catch Perch watching them bite. There was an old Cod fisherman who would give me 25 cents a Perch live in a bucket. He would use them for Ling-cod. Hook them under the dorsal and send them down if front of the caves were the cod lived. The Ling would dart out and eat the wounded perch. When I was 7 or so and my dad would let me take the boat on the ocean myself I tailed the old Cod fisherman to see were he fished.:twisted evil The biggest ling Cod I even caught was were the old guy fished. 50+lbs around 4= feet long. Wow great memories as kid living on the ocean on an Island in the Pacific Northwest. My dad sold the house just last month. He owned it for 60 years.:sad Taxes were 10,000 a year and at 85 he just couldn't justify it any more sadly. I couldn't afford it or I would have kept in the the family.

SmallJaw

I sure do remember. I was about 4 or 5 years old and was fishing at night with my dad under the Spring Creek bridge on Wheeler. We were fishing with a Coleman lantern for stripers using willow flies for bait. I found a Heddon Sonic on the bank and tied it on my Zebco 202. Not long after, I caught my first fish; it was a smallmouth bass that looked like it weighed a ton. Truth is it probably was a small one. I reckon that's what hooked me.

robert

My first fish was a bullhead about 4 inches long. I was living on Puget Sound at the time ( I mean right on Hamersley Inlet). It was a thrill, I still remember. Tuff to beat fishing for memories. My dad tried to grow oysters but the starfish ate them. A real fun time in my life.