First Squirrel Hunt

jimmyb

Well I finally was able to take my 7-year old out for her first real "hunt." I have had her in the woods a bunch with me setting up treestands and such, but this is the first time where it was an official hunt. She did a great job of walking along quietly and listening to what i said. Needless to say, I was a proud dad...

here is a photo of our success:

RedAllison

Damn, one look at that pic and I'm thinkin "Jimmy your wife has some splainin to do, cause OBVIOUSLY that lil cutie is MUCH to purty to be yours"!!! lol

Congrats, I know of the hunts I take my kids on I am the one who has THE MOST fun!
RA

ps
Dontcha just LOVE the 10-22? I've said for years that they are THE finest lil 22s on the market. You just about can't kill em and they will fire even fulla mud. I've routinely parted bullfrogs, snakes and turtles heads with mine at 60yds...

Last edited:

jimmyb

red, that 10/22 is the bomb... that gun was purchased for 120 back when i was 13... I am in the process of upgrading it. I put a heavy barrel on it, free floated the barrel, did some trigger work, now i want a thumbhole stock and a real scope mount and scope!

i shot the squirrel at about 50 yds... took 3 shots, but i dont think my first 2 bullets even got to the squirrel cause i was shooting thru a bunch of brush