First step

resqu-u

Are you going back with carpet? I really wish you could make a vinyl kit work in the 2003, I think I might adventure down the gel non-skid path when the carpet in mine wears out.

Thought long and hard about the vinyl but worried about the gaps on back deck. Then I got really interested in Sea Deck flooring. Ultimately decided on carpet .

gmorgan

Dennis, your boat does look really nice. I have made the purchase of carpet, but I haven't tackled the install yet. Do you have to take the hinges off each lid in order to get the carpet back on and then re-install the hinge?

Thanx gmorg. I did completely remove all my hinges from boat with exception of livewell and gas tank. The two rear lids probably dont have to be removed, but I did just cause made it easier to drill out rivets on the lid.
I wouldnt say it was the hardest thing I have ever taken on but probably would never do it again. Definitely made me understand the qoutes I got when I checked around on prices to have installed.
Dennis, your boat does look really nice. I have made the purchase of carpet, but I haven't tackled the install yet. Do you have to take the hinges off each lid in order to get the carpet back on and then re-install the hinge?

Dave Hensley

Gary you got all the time in the world....you need a good project to keep you off the lake so those cats won't beat up on you....

gmorgan

Dave, I changed from 40 pound braid to 8 pound fluorocarbon and took care of those 20 pound cats. Never even see them now.