FOREMOST INSURANCE.....AAA+

ROBERT CROSS

We lost our GSE in a storage fire on 11/09/16.

Direct deposit made in our account 12/12/16, agreed value, boat, motor, trailer & personal affects.

It was a very difficult case because the building was completely destroyed, and demolished, with no direct inspection allowed to confirm total loss.

Needless to say...I will be renewing with Foremost Marine come Spring

Replacement ordered, we WILL be back on the water next year!!!

ROBERT CROSS

Hope you came out ok on the settlement . Now the fun part , waiting for the new one and warm weather !
Claim amount worked out very well, I did short myself about 1k on the value of the trailer, but the amount allowed for 'personal affects' made some of that up.

I'am working with Nancy @ Allison on getting the boat back to the factory rather that Sandy & I going to Dallas to pick it up.
They are making a delivery to Perf. Boats in January, would be cost effective rather than them coming back 'dead-head'.
Plus Glenn Reynolds is doing the rigging for the 200xs ROS and he's only 40mi from the Factory.

Can't wait for SPRING!!!

ROBERT CROSS

3728091_0_090620081058_3.jpg
I can relate. Lost a GT20 in a garage fire years ago. Building contents (boats) were paid quickly but the total package didn't settle for 18 months. The ordeal sucked. That GT20 was sweet.

Your new colors?
Same colors....different scheme.;)
3728091_0_090620081057_2-1.jpg

I like the interior a bit more too!!

fnshrmaster

We have been using foremost for over 7 years on boats and motorcycles. Never had a claim... I am happy to hear they were a pleasure to deal with when it came time to use the policy. Agreed value is the only way to insure these boats. New boat looks very nice! Enjoy. Kurt

Jon

Supporting Member
Let me know when it is over at Glenn's and I'll do some spy work for you :)

GotMyAlly

Good to hear they made you whole. I had to fight like hell with Farmers for a fair settlement after my accident a few years ago.

XB03AllyProud

Those of you who have Foremost-do you have the package below I pasted from their website?
Performance & Performance Elite
Unique packages for boats with top speeds of 77 mph or greater.

What speeds did you declare? I'm going to start shopping for my XB02 with 225PM mainly. Also do any of you currently (Kurt)have multiple boats with them and did they give any decent discount for 2 or 3 boats and another toy? I've had Progressive for years with 2 boats, H-D bike and no real deal. Now have 3 boats and H-D so I need to shop and the agreed value is a must this time for the Ally. Kurt- any cost's you care to pass on for your 2 boats and a bike. Pm if you want to not publish. Thanks all.

ROBERT CROSS

I just contacted my agent yesterday to get the new GS covered. The agreed value is considerably more but the factory stated HP is less by 25, premium $689/per yr.
The declared MPH is the same for both..70. Liability the same, personal property limit @ $2500.00, I expect a premium increase, just don't know how much yet.

Last edited:

Bobalouie

I had foremost, but it was contracted thru state farm. I am not sure what state farm told them, but I didnt want to take any chances and told state farm it would run 95 mph. My premium was in the $400/yr range if I remember right.

XB03AllyProud

Thanks all, good info and I'm sure more than just me will appreciate it. I found several Foremost agents local so gonna give them a call in month or so. I'm hoping late Feb to make a Tx run to pickup a Hurricane deck boat I bought and waiting to get and or change the insurance on all 3 boats before the trip. Ally won't be ready to leave my shop till late March at earliest so since I'm tight I'm waiting till just before going to get deck boat to start the coverages. They may even get more than the boats and bike if price is right. I really need to check all my coverages out, it's been too long and never was really happy with my tractor and 4 wheelers but just kept it all with Country Companies because at time they were cheap on house and vehicles. Thanks again

Jr in Jax

Foremost will not insure a boat in Florida. I was hoping to "kick State Farm to the curb".

gmorgan

Foremost will not insure a boat in Florida. I was hoping to "kick State Farm to the curb".
i have been with State Farm for over 40 years, and they have treated me right at every turn or claim. a lot of times the agent can make a lot of difference in your overall experience. I started with the largest agent in Alabama and now have it thru his son. they treat me like family.

Jr in Jax

My SF Agent [Jim Love] is "sorry" but in Florida, State Farm is not issuing any new boat policies or even give me a multi-policy discount for having both my Home and Boat covered by them. I can count on a large premium increase every year even though I have never filed a claim over the last 30 years. I found car insurance for half of State Farm's cost and SF sends me a come-back-to-us letter at least once a month. In Florida, State Farm is really on-the-skids....

GrandLakeGAR

Got a letter (on pink paper) from Progressive today stating that my XB2003/225X "can attain a maximum speed in excess of what is allowed in our boat program" and they will not continue my policy. Odd because they insured this boat for years with a 280 on it. I called my Farmers agent who has my home and autos for a quote and was told their underwriter will only insure up to 90 mph and mine will do 93 ?? I never mentioned speed so they must have a data base for different boat/motor combinations. They gave my agent a waiver so I do have insurance again. The Allison and our pontoon was $362 per year with Progressive vs $240 for the same agreed value coverage with Farmers.

Last edited:

GrandLakeGAR

I used progressive since 1997 on two Allisons, three PWC's and a pontoon and never filed a claim. Stuck with them because their disappearing deductible was down to zero but we are done now.

Last edited: