Game/trail cams???s

RedAllison

Well I think instead of a new rifle I'm gonna buy some much needed trailcams for my farm. I want quality but don't want to break the bank as well. I'm considering 3-4 for under $1000 total. From the net forums I've gathered that the 2011 Bushnell Black Flash cams are all that and a bag of chips and priced in the $250ish range. Anyone have any experience with them?

Damned teknawlogee, :cuss
RA

Texas Dear

Red I65 moultrie game camera i have 2 love them go to moultrie.com buy one get second free great deal

RedAllison

Welp I bit the bullet today and bought two of the new Bushnell "Black Flash" 2011 Trophy Cams. They are 8meg cams with 40 black led bulbs for low/no visible flash. All the checkin I did online had them as the cats pjs and 2nd only to the much more expensive Reconyx cams. These are supposed to have amazing battery life and utilize 32g SD cards. They claim up to a year on one set of batteries but I'm sure that's "best conditions", the numbers I'm findin on the net are around 3000 pics before the battery meter even moves! They use 12AA batts and I'm plannin on using rechargables.

Goin racin in OH with Todd and Jeffro this weekend so probably be next weekend before I get them in the woods.

Pics to follow, :at the bar
RA

B HEBERT

Make sure you get extra SD cards. When I go check my cameras, I remove the card and put in a new one. I then check the photos on the computer at the camp. I just have to remember to erase the SD card when I put it in the camera.

zatchmo

... They use 12AA batts and I'm plannin on using rechargables.
FYI rechargables self discharge faster, so they may not get the life you would expect out of them. It might make more sense to use a standard disposable battery for them.

RedAllison

Studyn lastnight on line and the bushnell handbook, these cams will run on only 4 AA batts but life expectancy is much less than if I fill them full with 12 AAs. Bushnell really likes and recommends the lithiums from Energizer, they also don't have the coldweather problems that reg batts and rechargs do.

The cams will hold 32g cards but I'm NOT doing vids with them nor will the cams go unchecked for over a week (usually will be checked at least 2ce a week, farms only 30mins from home and is between my home and office) so I'm thinkin about buying four 8g cards so I can swap them out and take the others home to view/erase. The cams I bought have the color view monitors on them but I'll mostly have a camera or laptop in the truck to use for that.

Really looking forward to getting these things out there and using them. I've got some "gotta come through here" funnels on my place the deer use out of neccesity so the cams should really see some action. :wink

Thanx :beer:
RA

Kerry Cordy

I have a bushnell and a reconix. both have worked great. The reconix is incredible. There is not a camera in the industry that can even compare to its quality. They are $500 vs $250 for the bushnell. The screen on my bushnell no longer works and I have to have it repaired. Let me know and I will contact you with my private facebook site for some amazing pictures of some northern california wildlife. I shot a boar over 300lbs 2 weeks ago. Shot 1 inch above the eyebrow with a .308 at 75 yards. Completely filled the bucket on my Kabota tractor. I have game cam pics of this pig on reconix 1 month prior to shot. Have Fun!!! Allen