Good 4 blade prop

jaybluez

I want a 4 blade over hub prop that will carry a load well. I've got a 28p big eared chopper and a 26 trophy and a 26 chopper. I like them all but just wondering what a 4 blade ET or something like that will do for me??? My favorite is the 28 chopper. Better holeshot than the trophy but I'm turning more rpms than I'd like. Any suggestions?

badbait

BWB did a prop shootout in the last issue and It's worth looking at. The Hydromotive tested very well on the 20 Bullet and had a much better holeshot than the Trophy plus the price was quoted at $679 which is good for a quality prop.

Last edited:

whipper

I agree with Bill.I havent tryed a prop from Todd at Hydromotive yet but everone says they love them and sevice is second to none. Think about this.The owner of Hydromotive is Todd,he makes world class props for everything from out board bass boats to offshore Racers and every thing inbetween and he is an Allison owner him self. He can out fit you with what will work. My favorite prop right now is a 28DR4 from http://www.performanceprops.com/propeller.html.I this thing rocks! I can carry an insane load and it just gets up and goes! The nice thing about this prop is you dont have to change props when your whant to go high speed. I can get it to 85 with the stock limmiter on my stock 225. Load I had for a month in Aug 1 1/2 half familys out boating 7 days a week skiing and tubing from 11am till 10pm every day with just my boat. There would be Me 240lbs,my wife my two kids 9 and 11 Debbie her son 9 two sets of skies a large sitdown connely Dually tube deflated in the bow a large cooler with ice lunch and super in it,20lb anchore ski rops and tube ropes 6 lifjackets towels and air materesses,noodles and maskes and snorkals.ect ect.You get the picture.The 28DR4 just gets up and goes not a problem. We would tube for hours with two out of the boat on the tube and the other 4 on board no probs. I love this prop!!I must admit its nice when we got to the beach across the lake to get every one outa the boat!!! Then I would say see ya! I have a 25 trophy that wont performe like my 28 drag.James:big grin

V6MERC

I ran a 28 Hydromotive Quad IV O/T and my XB21/250XS last December and fell in love with it... This prop handles like no other I've ever seen, I ran it one-handed @ 85 plus and requires very little steering corrections all the way up to 92.0 and it has been the fastest to one date... It has a lot better holeshot than my 27 trophy and GREAT stern lift... I know Todd recommends the Quad O/B for the 3.0 liter motors, but I loved the O/T so much that I just bought a used one in 29... It seems like everybody you talk that has run one will tell you that a Hydromotive is one of the best handling props there is straight out of the box...

jaybluez

I've heard that hydromotive is the way to go, I've also heard about the lightning ET's, now they are supposed to come out w/ a 4 blade version if they haven't already. (Sigh) how am I gonna talk my wife into a new prop after installing a hyd. steering system in just the other day??? Just picking, I will look into hydromotive since Todd runs an Allison himself, he should be able to help me if anyone can. Thanks James and Mr. Merc.

whipper

The new Pro ET is out I talked to a guy how just bought one. Put it this way you could buy a prop from Todd and a nother good used one for the same price as one Pro!! You cant go wrong with a Hydromotive Props. Just call him up and tell him what you have and are looking for and wola! When ya get it and its not what you thought sender back and hell send ya another one.Thats hard to beat! James

V6MERC

No prob, Man!! Here is a photo of me running with the Quad O/T bolted on... Notice how the stern is up free and clean compared to the pic in my Siggy? I love the attitude of my rig with the Hydro on it... Bow down, butt up, motor @ level trim....