Good Luck @ the Cove!!!!

Rocket

Just wanted to wish Bass Boat Bill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and all the rest of the Racers "GOOD LUCK" @ the cove this weekend!!! :gone fishing

I'll try and post some updates if I can!!!!!!:gasp

Rocket

Here's a little up date from Friday. Over 111 boats tech'd weather is cool and crisp........................

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cody bought Travis tuttles old 1/4 master and,,Ran a 8.007!!!
( That just might be the #1 one spot)

Bass Boat bill is running too fast with a 8.63
But he said he'd fill the Live wells and put the trolling motor back on! that should slower her down!

Travis tuttle had a little trouble keeping his 1/4 master calmed down Fiday,,,,
[/FONT]

Jim brinklys "sweet and sassy" ran a 8.11!!

I'll try and let you know what happens today!!

Last edited:

Rocket

Well, Bass boat Bill is IN!!!

With a 9.030 that put's him in 10th out of the top 16 that will get to run today! Go get 'em BBB!~

Cody in his new (to him) 1/4 master is still holding 8.007 for the number one qualifier inthe 8's!!!

I'm not sure where brinkley is in the field but I will try and find out!

Last edited:

Texan

I was there all day Saturday and saw BB Bill, and visited with him while he was waiting to put in. Got to see him qualify and had all intention of being back Sunday when my boy, and wife came up lame and had to ferry them back to the house. As we pased the turn from Hot Springs to Malvern, my wife looked over at me and asked if there was somebody that could bring me back to the house, and she would drive home. I almost took her up on that offer and peeled off.

Hey Rocket! Sorry I missed you Saturday. My son was looking to get you to sign another card for SnS.

Bill

FLYING BUTCHER

Man ya talk about some CLOSE racin-I might be off a little but with a 9:03 (had to go to stock heads, 15 gallons of gas, tool chest up front-different prop (all to slow down) what great water and air anyway 9:03 ended up 7th qualifer? 8 second class I believe, top 23 boats were all 8:09 or better. Guys we are talking about hundreths of a SECOND!!! first run was so close-maybe got the boat by 2 feet at the end of the track running time difference .05 of a second!! second run against a little 83 Lazer with a drag (Dave Ellison, he bought the boat new) our RT was .06 different (me slower of course) and I ran 9:05 and he ran 9:03!! Unbelievable tight racin for sure. Congradulations to Dave (super nice guy and his wife cleans the boat also!!) Dave went on to win the whole shottin match. Lot of guys stopped by to say hi. Good time for sure we will be back next year!! Later on

Rocket

Here's what it took JUST to Qualify:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]9 second class

Meagan Helms 9.002
Tiffany Helms 9.004
Higgenbothem 9.009
The 9 second bubble on the #16 qualifyier was 9.163. There were 22 in the class.

8 second class

Cody Childress 8.007 (in tuttle's old boat)
Salsmen 8.008
Crower 8.014
The 8 second bubble on the #16 boat was 8.060. There were 36 boats in the class.

7 second class

TIM ORTIZ 7.006
Robbie Barrett 7.008
Brett Cheadle 7.013
Tommy The lunchbox RICE 7.014
Barrett won't make the call tomorrow cuz the hole in his motor. But damn fine job qualifying 2nd in that tough crowd.
The bubble was Reagan Everett driving Jeff Gibson's Nut N' Up with a 7.073!!!

6 second class
Jerry Hicks 6.001
Big Ed Anderson 6.012
Brian Scheckler 6.015
The bubble was on Rock Guthrie with a 6.077 and the #24 boat ran a 6.198. There were 31 boats in the class.

For those not familiar with the Cove, only the top 16 boats make the show on Sunday. 17 is the alternate if someone breaks or misses thier call. 17 - 24 are in the second chance race.

Racing at the cove is the TIGHTEST bracket racing in the country! These guys are the BEST of the BEST!!! And just to qualify is a WIN for sure!!! Way to go Bill Mason for just making the cut and then going a few rounds on Sunday with these guys (and gals)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post the results when I find them! :banghead

[/FONT]

J

John Richied

That is some tight racin!:surprised

Sounds like you had a lot of fun and did great Bill

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Congratulations BILL!! Yea that R/T is a killer huh? They ought to have a geriatric bracket for fossils like us.....Good job!