GPS on XB2003

flatout

Ok I just bought my new Lowrance GPS and I have this antenna to mount. Its a white plastic piece about the size of a hockey puck. Where is a good spot to mount this thing where I won't be either stubbing my toe on it or knocking it off. Anyone have a suggestion??? :?

K

Kevin from FL

I did this on my XB-2003 and it works great.

A nice soft place to bed down, silicone the base to the foam.

Ready to be secured.

Secured to the top of the steering rack.

M-Wiggy

I put mine over the drain on the right side of the console. I ran the wire down the tube about a foot then thru the tube, that way, I didnt have to drill anything. The antenna is the same size as the white drain catch, so it looks natural there. I like the way Kev done his better.

wj225

Just Like Kevin...

I mounted mine just like Kevin and it works great and best of all you can't see it.

Bill

chad202

Will the Garmin hockey puck work as well????Mine gets in the way of my rods.

K

Kevin from FL

Yep, move it under the dash to the steering rack.

flatout

Kevin! it says it has to be open to the sky! Doesnt the fiberglass pod rob sensitivity? I thought about the drain idea but It will interfere with the rod tips I think. I was thinking of mounting it right in front of my foot control for my bowmount and run the wire through the front switch panel cover beside my front fish finder wire. It does look good over the drain though but the thought of all the water gathering around it every time I spear a wave. :? :?
I like the idea of under the pod! As long as it works without hurting sensitivity!!!
HG

Blue Gray in PA

I can only speak for the Humminbird GPS antenna but it shoots through 'glass just fine. Mine is below the deck (double-face tape) way up front in the bow and it gets signal fast. I've also seen them mounted in front of the hand bar on the top of the bow by the anchor light but everyone's tastes are different. Try setting yours where you truly want it first and once you know if it works, then final install it. You can probably test it in the driveway as long as you don't have too many trees - I did and then hard-wired everything below deck with no problems.

K

Kevin from FL

Every Jet Fighter in the world has a receiver getting signals through fiberglass :!: Bring that bote up to date :)

Texan

I mounted a bracket to the back of my dash mount GPS/fishlocater, under the pod. That's where I have my unit for my Nordskog analog speedometer as well. Both work like champs. Never had any trouble with either. Just my 2 cents.

GFinch

Mine's epoxied on the sill where the front deck and consoul meet in front of the dash above where your feet are. I had cross talk between the Norskog GPS speedo and the Lowrance MT16 GPS. The receivers are to close togeather and it would desturb the speedo. I just turn the mt 16 off if going fast enough to want to know.
Gary

chad202

I just finished moving mine. I tie wrapped mine right behind where the antenna/gps wires come thru the little rubber grommet where the GPS fits. Pulled it out the garage and it picked up satelites very quick. Now I just have to put some rtv in the holes in my front deck in front the drain. Thanks for the tips gang.