Grand Sport Ski bar

eselva

Probationary User
I'm looking for the bracket for the ski bar for a 1991 Grand Sport. Anyone have one, or, can someone take a picture of their's so that I can see how to have some made up.

Thanks.

aaronmt

Its pretty basic id just call allison and get the whole set up. I got a a taller ski bar through somewhere else, becouse it ws to short. The bracket inside would be easier just to go through allison.

whipper

Its pretty basic id just call allison and get the whole set up. I got a a taller ski bar through somewhere else, becouse it ws to short. The bracket inside would be easier just to go through allison.
I agree for sure. The ski bar from Allison all the way up is to short. You need a 47 or 48 incher I think. Then when your tubbing and skiing and hit some waves the rope wont whip your cowl. I bought my ski pylon from dana marine in Cal. It was around 150 bucks and comes in any colour anodized. Im sure you can find one some were else or maybe Allison can order you a longer one when you get the base and sleeve from them. Its the top piece you realy need the rest is simple to make if you messured one out. I would get the top piece from Allison for sure though. The first pic is the allison one it retracts thats nice for sosl running looks good. It only comes up about 12 more inchs. The second pic is the one I got from Dana 2 inch OD. This is what mine looks like.

citabriatom

First off,I want to apologize to Eselva for hijacking your thread.Whipper,I looked up the Dana Marine ski pole and it's 46" and $159.I did some rough measuring on my GS and the stock pole is 31" and the maximum extended height above the hull is 22".Putting the Dana pole in would bring the above hull height to 37" and the pole would not retract less than 15" above the deck.Is this close to what yours is like?The added length would add considerable stress to that section of the deck.Have you had any problem with stress cracks or had to reinforce that area?Right now,my ski pole is only good for plugging a beach umbrella into for shade(LOL)!Is the Dana pole pre-drilled;I can't tell from the picture on the website.Thanks,Tom (Oh Eselve,if you still want some pictures of the brackets,I'll email 'em to ya)

Last edited:

whipper

First off,I want to apologize to Eselva for hijacking your thread.Whipper,I looked up the Dana Marine ski pole and it's 46" and $159.I did some rough measuring on my GS and the stock pole is 31" and the maximum extended height above the hull is 22".Putting the Dana pole in would bring the above hull height to 37" and the pole would not retract less than 15" above the deck.Is this close to what yours is like?The added length would add considerable stress to that section of the deck.Have you had any problem with stress cracks or had to reinforce that area?Right now,my ski pole is only good for plugging a beach umbrella into for shade(LOL)!Is the Dana pole pre-drilled;I can't tell from the picture on the website.Thanks,Tom (Oh Eselve,if you still want some pictures of the brackets,I'll email 'em to ya)
Ummmm:big grin i have to messure it again cant remeber? Theres a thread somewere on hear after i messured it though.Mine goes right to the floor. I cant retract the long one. I wanted max streangth so I drilled the new pin holes so the pylon goes to the bottom pretty much. I can messure it when I get home from work tonight.

eselva

Probationary User
Thanks for the info guys. Citabriatom, if you can snap a quick picture for me of the bracket that would be great. I have a nice long ski pole, but nothing to mount it to on the inside.

whipper

Total length is 48 inches of my pylon. My suports are totaly differant than yours Tom. Hears a pic I just took of mine. My hulls a 2000 they must have made differant setups for differant years. I have one big tube that slides over a center stringer then is threw bolted. Thats it. Super strong though Ive pulled a five man tube with five adults lots in white caps. Any way im sure for most its one or the other.

whipper

In the pic with the long pylon that goes to the top of the stringer. I cant retract that pylon. I have a golf umbrala bag I store it in and it just goes in the gunnel and i slide the stock one in if im not going skiing for a while for just general boating. The length works great for a shade stand to attach a gulf unbrella also with some bungees.

citabriatom

That's interesting how they're set up so differently...mine's a '95.I like that umbrella...when the wife picked up ours,she managed to find the gayest thing you have ever seen...even has a little pink in it(LOL)!

whipper

Is the bracket under the deck made of stainless or aluminum.
Mine looks like Galvanized steel. So does Toms to me? What yours look like under there Lightning? Yours is an 05 or somthing isnt she? Is your differant again? Just wondering since mine and Toms are so differant between 95 and 2000 year modles.

Lightning

The stringer in mine is the same as yours Whipper. I'm building mine myself. Can't see spending what they want for what is there. I'll post pictures after it's complete.

whipper

The stringer in mine is the same as yours Whipper. I'm building mine myself. Can't see spending what they want for what is there. I'll post pictures after it's complete.
Ya its a no brainier if you have the stringer like mine. You just cut a slot for the bottom of the pipe to go over the stringer and threw bolt it. Done. If you can get stainless thick wall with 2 inch inside diameter the pylon has a 2 inch out side diameter your good to go. The top has a flange like a washer welded around the out side that reaches the top under the hach. The top bezel then is threw bolted to that from the top side. You can buy different color bezels.
Super simple and might cost ya 50 bucks if had to buy the pipe. The bezel would be the most expensive part other than the 160 buck pylon. If you have a 15 inch motor you only need the 46 inch pylon to clear the cowl. If thats the case you can get any color powder coated pylon to match the hull.