Have you ever done this to an Allison??

Speedman

went fishin in a blizzard today! when we got home, the boat looked like this! we got several smallies and a nice walleye! SO does hydraullic steering work in sub freezing temps? my steering was very tight this morning!

Attachments

jimmyb

hydraulic steering does work in sub zero temps... as long as it is warm enough to keep the steering fluid liquid

i have used my allison for deer hunting in the past...

Wicky

Saweeeet!!! I keep trying for dem smallies when there is snow flying but I have no luck.
Maybe they're thinking the icebergs are birds or something. The fun part about fishing when it's freezing is getting the truck back up the ramp when it's frozen over.

whipper

I like it!! glad im not the only one!!!:laughing Last weekend when I was out it was only 29f the snow never started till i was on my way home. I did have to break ice for half the lake though!:banghead Pics are getting developed today. My trim wasnt very happy untill I used it a little in the cold. All I can say is thats mighty hardy of you!:gasp

Speedman

the word "winterize" does not exist in my vocabulary! I fish all winter long in my Ally and have some of the best days out there for walleyes. stripers, and smallies, nothing like having your throttle cable freeze up at 70 mph!

RedAllison

Welp... it IS a damned ol feeshin bote!!! :beer:

I had my XB03 out in the white stuff several times. BUT I gotta admit, we rarely get it down here in "Elvis Country" so if our roads looked like yours there in "Kennedy Country" I might be prone to stay at home.:embarassed TNans and a lil snow DON'T get along well on the streets, ESPECIALLY the ones with "no nshawnce"! :cuss

DAMN I'm actually lookin forward too this winter fishin, :beer:
RA

chasintail

Must be rough.I was sweatin my azz off today and gettin chewed on by bugs.I don't think its ever gonna get cold here.Not that I'm complaining.:beer:

GFinch

Must be rough.I was sweatin my azz off today and gettin chewed on by bugs.I don't think its ever gonna get cold here.Not that I'm complaining.:beer:
Wheres "here"? Had our first frost today.

I'd like to know what was used to catch those fish. Right now the Small Mouth here are feeding like crazy, water temp at 60 degrees. Unfortunately the meat fishermen are too.

RedAllison

:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: @ Neal.

NOPE I dun decided to put a couple of my "Fridays off" to use. Gonna get practiced up on my Silver Buddies and jigs after Christmas so I'll be ready to whack em and stack em come February tourney season!!! :beer:
RA

whipper

Speedman hears a link to the next 5 days hear. Pretty mild realy. Ill be playing hockey this morrning and most of those days ill be at the rink with the kids hockey and doughters figure skating instead of fishing. Its a waiting game for the ice to get thick enough for ice fishing now. About a foot of snow already in the front yard. http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-79_metric_e.html

Wicky

It was 18 degrees in this pic. I made 4 runs back and forth. After 15 minutes, there were monsterous icicles hanging off the back of the cowling. No fish were caught needless to say!!

Attachments

whipper

Tell me about it!
every winter I wish I was in some state that you can boat year round that must be awsome! Its a sad day when I know boatings over till May like now. Snowing like crazy cold and no end in sight! Oh well yesterday I got the kids and the wife new skis and boots the ski hill down the road just opened.
So thats the winter getaway to take my mind off of things now.