Hi,just joined forum ,restoring my xb03

David chris corr

I just made room for her in my shop,and give her a power scrub,before bringing her in,needs a compound/polish and wax,new bucket seat covers and carpet is shot,and pretty much removed,came rigged with hyd. steering and a 14 " ally manual jack plate,

David chris corr

a quick call to Bill,and he confirmed that the boat is Sandstone with red spears and tips,had time yest. to do a little cleanup,and she's gonna' come back just fine. once I figure out what I need,will be putting an order in with Bill for seat covers,new decals,etc.

David chris corr

she will be rigged for tournament fishing,I have several motor lookin' for something to do,,but am considering my 250 pro xs,just for the torque and fuel mileage,but I have several 2.5's as well.

dubmoney

Looks Good!! Nice to see she is getting the love she deserves. Welcome to the Forum!! Lot's of helpful guys here. Thanks for sharing the pictures. What products are you using to bring the finish back? I need to some spring shinning here in about a month and am looking for the best products.

David chris corr

the seats in it now are kinda' beige/tan w/red,i'm going back with light gray instead of red carpet,Dub,I use a degreaser like oxyclean or mean green,to final wash any grit or grease from the gel,on the textured gel i use a scrub brush to get all the dirt out,then i compound with mcguires and a yellow pad,on slow speed,1000-1200rpm,just keep working wet compound into it til it starts to shine,then I soft towel the dried up swirls,and slowly add the mcguires flagship wax,with a white foam,or sheeps wool pad.the sheepswool works best for me. nice thing about doing ally's,is they don't have metal flake and 2 coats of clear peeling gel on 'em. they just seem to get chalky,if left alone like this one.they say woody's wax is best for the black textured dash areas. you can use 3m finesse it 2 compound also with their marine wax,collonite marine/aircraft wax is also very nice once you get her shiny again.

David chris corr

Be sure about the seat colors before you order them . Mine don't look good at all with the sandstone . Wish I had ordered red seats instead of gray !
I got your pics,yes,they do contrast with the sandstone,my seats are more of a dull white

RoseXB03

"you can use 3m finesse it 2 compound also with their marine wax,collonite marine/aircraft wax is also very nice once you get her shiny again."
Yep.
I use collonite on all vehicles but never have been as pleased on gel.

David chris corr

I got the carpet and seats out of the cockpit,was dreading the glue,but it is so old,it is pretty much coming up with a plastic scraper,,got a couple hours buffing in yest. and today off work,so,going at her hard today.

David chris corr

a local fella' here has Glenn Reynolds old xb03 with 250 xs,I'm really leaning that way with my 250 pro xs,sitting on a stand beside her,lol