History

Go Devil

I've found out; once you get into Allison Boats it's sorta addictive. Mine is listed for sale, but when I see it in the Shop, well; you know. Anyway, to sell or not to sell; what a Mind Pain. Here is a question for all you Veteran Alli Owners. I bought my 94 XB2003 Pro Sport Tournament and spent lots of hours doing the usual facelift stuff. Without boring everyone, it's listed in For Sale this Forum. One thing that stands out recently. Last time I had it out, I had set the Power Jack Plate from way too low (originally) to 2 inches below Pad. It has the original engine (150 Fast Strike). It jumped up on Pad, where before it was non existent. Water pressure was okay, but any higher I would need LWP. Before I listed For Sale, my plan of course was re-power. For some unknown reason, other than just going out & looking at it / Drinking a Cool One & getting that Mind Pain; I looked at the Pad. There Is No Lip There. The Guy I bought it from didn't mention any Sand Off of the Lip & I don't think he was the original Owner. I think this Boat may be a first 94 Build. I bought it out of Michigan in 2016. Did Allison build this Boat without a Lip on Pad? or, does this Boat have a Story? Just throwing it out there for comment.

Attachments

dubmoney

I am not a Veteran Alli owner, but I have never heard of an Allison xb03 coming from the factory without a lip. Get your self a 225 promax or more, with a sportmaster and open a whole new world, every mph faster is a new adventure!! I would spend plenty of time working on set up on a boat with no lip, before I put one back on.

Go Devil

Thanks Dubmoney for your reply: If I keep her, I'll look into your advice. Its a pretty fast little Rig just stock. If I keep Her & Re-Power / no doubt about more seat time ahead.

SLOmofo

Are you sure? I'd be surprized if it didn't. It isn't much just .060 to .090. tall and maybe 1/4 to 3/8" front to back. Take a straight edge, hold it against the pad letting it hang past the end. If you can see daylight between the hull and the straight edge...... you got lip.
I also have a 1994 XB 2003, the lip and bottom had been repaired/ botched up. So I carefully filled and sanded, I now might have .010 to .020 of a lip left. But at least it now is equal from side to side.

Go Devil

Did a straight edge while ago. No daylight. Repeated the test; left, center, right. Someone knew what they were doing. Maybe it had been damaged and the owner just removed the Lip, or Blueprint. Well anyway, it ain't there & one less Mod if I change my mind not to sell, & re-power. Thanks for the feedback.