Holly panda handles location

whipper

OK so im tired of everyone in the passenger seat garbing my wind screen with there sun tan lotioned hands! LOL i want to install a grab handle threw the Kevlar dash since everyone seems to want to grab something in front of them. Will that be a strong enough area on the GS? Thanks

DOUBLE J

Sitting @ Sloppy Joe's in Key West and pic will not load. Will post pic when possible. I'll take poor cell coverage anytime over being @ home and @ work . Lol

Jr in Jax

I have the same problem. I am on my 6th windshield [3 were cracked by spearing waves] but the others get the unremovable sunscreen/body oil smudges and stress cracks at the bends. I just ordered a new one yesterday and asked Bill Scates about some way to re-enforce the top rim of the windscreen [he said no]. I also ordered new edge trim for the cockpit and around the rear hatches. A metal edge trim around the windshield would give passengers something to grab but also block my vision. The windshield flexes at the bends at high speeds and that adds to the cracking.
I would appreciate any Ideas....

DOUBLE J

IMG_0071.JPG Found a better pic. Also instead of a additional seat cushion for passenger, Allison makes a 1" spacer that you can add to bottom of seat mount to raise seat up higher for shorter people. I have it on mine and when I mounted the spacer I made sure I mounted seat as far forward as possible so wife's feet could touch front foot wall.

Attachments

Jr in Jax

I have the spacer and had Bill Scates add an extra 1.5 inches of extra foam cushion in the front seat bottoms during my last upholstery replacement.

DOUBLE J

Whipper
The problem with putting the handle over the Grandsport decal is women's nails will eventually scratch the decal.

whipper

haha Ya I found that out tonight when I installed it. I have no nails and touched it. oh well done now. If the decal gets scratched ill just take of the decal.

whipper

20170714_234039.jpg 20170714_233926.jpg Looks good but I want to know about this seat forward thing? My wife just sits on a life vest or towels. More forward would be nice also?

ROBERT CROSS

BOB were did you find that seat pad i like it!
ATM Restyle......same place that did our 'Garage Cover'.

I just made a template, went to the foam store got two, 4" thick cut to size and ATM made the cover.

POI....I put the foam in plastic garbage bags. Easy to remove to dry....plus, inside the bag, the foam compresses down to about 2" when seated, and stays there, takes 2-3min to return to normal, makes for a firm but comfortable ride.

DOUBLE J

Yes those are the spacers. Call Bill @ Allison. The kit comes with the spacers and hardware. Un mount the 4 bolts on the plate and on mine you can slide it forward some. If not you can either slot the plate or re drill it so the seat is farther forward.