Hoss Triton on Ebay

GotMyAlly

I bought one of those from Ron Hill a month or so ago on ebay. Prop seemed to run OK, but not enough pitch if you have a 225 or more (unless you have no rev limiter and don't mind turnin' it to the moon). Mine was stamped a 28", but ran more like a 26" (maybe). I hit the limiter with it REAL fast @ 85 mph.

NormALLY

Gotmyally...Thanks for sharing your expirience with this prop. Personally I'm not in the market for one of these.

propmanjay

prop

Vcrash, I cant tell you how the hoss copy run's but I can tell you that I bought a 26" ET copy and loved it on my SS. I ran 104.9 at 8800 with great punch! Also I could let off the throtle with no hesitation and it would just put on the break's with no chine at all! I like it better than my yammy drag. Good luck. :lol:

whipper

props on ebay

This seller if you visit his store link has several props for bid. 26 chopper & 28 et 4 blade. that looks screaman.

GPI Racing

Froggy is 110% right on that prop. They are a far cry from the real thing. I have a few of these "copies"...they make good 70-80 mph props for guys on a budget but have an unusual "hump" in the blade that tends to be very picky on Allisons and the like.

Figure it's America you get what you pay for. A $200 prop is just that.

Randy

Casey G

a buddy of mine got a few ron hills on ebay for $125 each. i got the 28p hoss copy from him and like randy said it's a great through down river prop. i run it for cursing around when i'm scared to tear up my drag props. it is what it is.

vcrash

Im kinda glad somebody outbid me at the last minute, Think ill save up for the real thing, Im sure some of you guys have purchased props right from allison, is this the way to go?
Vcrash

Lotus 50

I too was bidding on a 28 Hoss copy. For $150 I still think it was worth a shot.

There was a 13.5 X 28 ($152.5 as of now) and a 14.5 X 30 ($225 now)

What diameter is a real Hoss Triton?

I was thinking the small diameter would help my rev limited XR4 rev higher.

froggy

The original Hoss Triton's (inception to mid 1980's) were 14" diameter. These early one's were very fast but your boat needed to be very light.

Since the mid 1980's all Hoss Triton's have been/are 14.5" diameter, although a few, special cusom's, were made at 14.25" diameter.

Hope this helps.

froggy