How about an XTB-21 Thread?

Darth VMAX

I went to NADA and looked up the years and models. I am not sure if this is 100% accurate but so far this is what I have come up with:

Production Years were from 1985-1997

In all there were 7 different models. They were:

XTB-21 "BASS" 1985-86
XTB-21 "Pro T" 1987-91
'C'XTB-21 "Pro Deluxe" (never heard of a XTB with a C designator) 1992
XTB-21 "Pro Deluxe" 1987-89
XTB21 "D" 1993
XTB-21 "Tournament" 1992-97
XTB-21 "Super Tournament" 1994-95

I have always liked the "Deluxe" style. The ones with the dual front deck storage/livewell and the in-floor storage.
Does anyone know what all models had these options? I know the "Deluxe" did but were there any other models that were set-up like this?

Also, what year did Allison start the wood-free transoms?

Thanks, and I am looking forward to reading everyones response's

Last edited:

K.Kiser

I like the XTB's, and don't think they've gotten their due credit in the performance fishing arena... The metal transoms started in the 1987-1988 transition period... Meaning that some of the 1987's had metal transoms, but all the 1988's did...

suicidealli

i thought 88 was the transitional year. good to know. they will run too!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had a friend with a worked 260 with NOS that ran 117 in one.... they are sharp, and you dont see to mnay for sale..

roy

allisonjr

I love my xtb and it was more practical for me and my wife than my 2002. rides great and halls the mail!

xb03fs

With a second console they would be an awesome no frills machine

Darth VMAX

With a second console they would be an awesome no frills machine
There have been a couple of owners that mentioned they were going to fabricate a 2nd console for them. IMO that would be a tall order.

If they had dual console XTB's I would have one in a heartbeat and never look back.

Contractor

with out a DOUGHT..the FINEST boat darris ever MADE.. NO QUESTION.. DAMN RIGHT THEY WILL RUN..!!!

Deason

Im not sure but the hull is the same as the 2002 isnt it?

K.Kiser

Im not sure but the hull is the same as the 2002 isnt it?
There are the same key performance features in the hull interms of hydro and aerodynamics, but the XTB is a larger boat all over with a different interior lay-out..

RedAllison

I thought the XTBs were a couple of years later getting metal transoms, like 91-92?

Not sure tho, :confused:
RA

Allyfishing

How about some photos of the different interiors of the XTB's......

That is one Allison boat I have always admired!! Really cool looking and way ahead of its time in my opinion.

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

There have been a couple of owners that mentioned they were going to fabricate a 2nd console for them. IMO that would be a tall order.

If they had dual console XTB's I would have one in a heartbeat and never look back.
That would be a cool idea, but I'd want it to look factory. I think that would be hard to do and make it not look like an after-thought.

Darth VMAX

I have some that I saved from ones that were for sale over the years. I just don't have an account anywhere to post them here. Guess I should work on it LOL

Gr8xtb's "walk-through" on the owners page is still up. He has the "Deluxe" style with the extra compartments. I would really like to see a list of actual differences between the 7 models. Even if its just a name change (which I doubt).

Neal, exactly by what I meant by "Tall order". No doubt one could make one. But to make it look factory and devise a way to incorporate it around the rod locker while maintaining the functionality of the lockerwould be tough to do IMO

Last edited:

allisonpilot

I have a 1989 XTB Tournament design. It has the steel transom. In 1992 the transom was set back 5"on the XTB-21's. When I put hydraulic steering on, it made a GREAT boat even better.

Deason

I have a 86 xtb and it has wood transom, This I know because I broke it out , I purchased the boat with the idea of restoring it ,, It was in pretty bad shape,, Like speaker holes , stress cracks in several places ,36 holes drilled in frount when nav light is ,, lol ,, yes 36 i counted them ,, anyway long story short , I sank boat boat and have since cut the top off of it and decided to build it back with just 2 seat in center like the 2003,, Wish me luck ,, lol

aaronmt

If the xtb came with a center console like 2003,id buy one in a second.There incredibly fast out of the hole and handle bigger water amazingly.Im still dumb founded with the 84.7 with a bone stock 94 150 promax.

Allyfishing

I really like that john w.....ya ahead of its time

Speaking of the owners page, I inquired on updating that page with us new owners but have not heard anything...anyone know??

Just checked out the XTB's on the owners page..forgot they were there. Did some have larger front decks than others?? Lots of room in those boats. Very functional looking.

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

I had xtb 21 blue and brown, nice boat lots of room.
I remember that boat. I came real close to pulling the trigger on that when you were selling it. Sometimes I wish I would have. You had the 200xp Rude on it right???

Very classy color scheme