How 'bout my Titans!!!

RedAllison

WOW, whatta game huh?

Here in TN most of us have a soft spot for Manning because he carried us too National Championship at UT back in 98. For me it was neat because 1). The Titans have SUCKED this year (4-7) and 2). I had as much fun enjoying the awesome passes and completions by Manning.

BUT WOW whatta finish huh? I can't imagine the pressure that kid had on him yet he smoked it right through from 60yds out!!! :shock:

!-!
RA

ps
How about the "icer" that Fisher pulled by putting the punting team out there, drawing Indys last timeout and then putting the kicking team back out!!! ;)

Leigh

The second part of the season wa great!!!!!!!! Look out next year, if we can keep Pacman out of trouble during the off season and Young keps improving his field leadership. We'll be hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

RedAllison

Some late season huh LuLu? :beer:

Maybe Fisher finally woke up and realized he was in danger of needing to update his resume if he didn't do something this year!!!

Goooooooooo Titans,
RA

lightening rod

Jim,

Please quit saying that Manning led UT to the national title in 1998. He could not get the job done at TN. Tee Martin did it the year after Manning left.

"College career
While a junior at the University of Tennessee in 1998, Martin led the 1998 Tennessee Volunteers football team (a.k.a. Vols) to a 13-0 record and a Fiesta Bowl victory over Florida State University, as the school won its first NCAA Division I-A national football championship since 1951."

RedAllison

Chris you is right, I got my SEC Championship and Nat. Title games mixed up! :idiot Maybe after you bein married and have kids for a few years you can see where a mans mind goes!!!

BUT if it's any consolation, where is Tee Martin now??? (LOL and for that matter, where is Charles Woodson? :LMAO: )

:laughing
RA

ps
I just WISH that BOTH of "our teams in TN" could show up and play ball for more than half a season. Personally I think we should FIRE BOTH Fulmer AND Fisher (hmmm both names start with F both have 6 letters in their last name. :confused: ) Ok so I'll give in "somewhat", how about at least we swap coaches, Fisher go to Knoxvegas and Fulmer to Nashvegas for a season and let's see what happens??? CAN'T get much worse than they have been for the last few years huh?

lightening rod

Jim, The only reason I knew that is because I am probably the only UT fan who did not care for Manning. I always thought they should have kept Brandon Stuart and let Peyton go. :smile

I think it would be a great idea to switch the coaches around for a little while. I am not a Fulmer hater, but it would not hurt my feelings to see what someone else could do with the talent and resources that he has. People used to line up to go play for Bear Bryant and it would not have mattered what school he was at , they wanted to play for the Bear. Not saying that there is another "Bear" out there, but I would like to see a coach that carried that kind of respect come to UT. Fulmer does not have it. I think the kids that play for UT do it because of the school, or the offer they get from UT is better than the offers from other schools.

RedAllison

DON'T LIKE MANNING!!! :confused: :embarassed :cuss

LOL he only rewrote the UT record book. Did he get ALOT of press because of his name? YEP. Did he essentially "walk on" because of his name? YEP.

BUT he wasn't just handed the reigns and then sat back and expected everyone else to do it for him. He KICKED BUTT & TOOK NAMES. That's ALWAYS hard to do when you have all the eyes and expectations on you as a result of having a famous father. Hell his jersey is only the 3rd UT jersey in history to be retired aint it? (2005 before the SC game).

As for Fulmer, I appreciate what he did for us "in the good years". God knows I HATED Johnny Majors enough I was just happy to see ANYONE replace him. But Fulmer being a Majors disciple, we have essentially ended up with another Majors at the helm. With the money, attention, spotlight and fan/alumni base that UT has there is just NO REASON why we should have to continually accept a "decent coach" like Fulmer. He is ONLY the winningest active coach in football because he has spent so many years at the control of one of the biggest and finest football programs in the nation. Even a monkey would win SOMETIMES by coaching a team like UT typically attracts.

Time to retire him too one of those bigarsed houses on the lake between Neyland and Louisville Point Park!!! :beer:
RA