hunting story

boataddict

took a buddy to farm i lease. set him up where i have killed a couple good bucks. well couple hours after daylight the guy sees a deer coming down the ridge. he cant see all that good and is kinda novice at hunting. he usually goes 1 or 2 times a year.
now about the deer, it makes it down the ridge and in to a valley. its kinda thick and you have to pick an opening. he had seen a nice rack on the deer and was focusing on an area to shoot WHEN he noticed it looked like a hunting blind(pop up kind) attached to the deer. maybe even a garbage bag tied around it body. all the while still seeing a head with antlers.
he got frantic and tried to get me on the radio to see if i was messing with him!(had it turned off cause of too much static)
now i dont know about yall(especially the goat ropers)but i dont make a habit out of wondering around the woods dressed up with antlers and garbage bags DURING muzzle loader season with noooooo orange on:shock:
so my buddy did not shoot. still doesnt know what the heck he saw and he promises he aint lieing:confused:so what was it.
there was a buck in the area last year the neighbors asked us not to shoot. they had taken it in after mom got run over.maybe they dressed it up this year so hunters would not shoot it. or it could be sasquatch:razz

RedAllison

:shock: :LMAO: On your buddies 1ce-2ce annual huntin trips does he like to do any of this :beer: while on stand??? :confused:

Shoulda shot in the ground about 10ft in front of whatever that was. If it was a hunter he'da dropped his chit and hollered. If it was a buck it woulda either bolted for the blue or stopped and looked around.

And your bud must REALLY have some chit eyesite if he can't tella man from a buck carryin a blind, a decoy while wearin a trashbag!!!
RA

boataddict

to follow up the story from saturday. the landowner called me today to discuss some stuff and happen to mention a neighbor that had seen a large buck with styrofoam attached to it rack.
i asked her to hold on so i could put my wife on speaker phone to hear the story. well it got better,after she told of the styrofoam rack she said there was another buck seen with a large trash bag hooked up around its body!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the folks that had seen the buck live about 2 blocks from the farm we hunt. the neighbors think the trash came from a mobile home that is being gutted for renovation.

so now it real funny, i put my buddy in my favorite spot,he sees a monster buck and cant figure out what it was to get a shot:banghead hes really kicking his self now.he cant see for crap and aint all that smart. i could go on for days with some of the dumb stuff he has done over the years:laughing

i hope i get the chance to kill "trashy" i'll post pics. by the way he dont drink but does work for miller brewing.

John S

Thats a funny story, but I give the guy a little credit. He didnt trust his limited sight, and held back. How many times do you hear about some jackass that shoots because he saw/heard rustling in the brush, or shoots at something obstructed that turns out to be another hunter. Seems like most times buck fever takes over restraint....Doesnt mean you dont have a lifetime of ribbing him about it though.