Hydromotive first run

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
From my experiences on a promax rev limiter, it come up on it pretty soft and just stays there. From what I understand it starts dumping fuel to make it so rich that it doesn't pull any more. Am I correct on that? I know mine comes up on the limiter and you don't even feel it...just falls flat.

whipper

I would say you came up on 90 so freeking fast you have a very good healthy motor and two up to boot!!:beer: If your raised your limitter your hull would really bust some high numbers in the 90,s. Ussually when your getting that last bit to the limitter at those speeds they dont come so quick as yours does. Awsome Video and she really pulls strong for a 225 Promax I would say!!
BTW take care of that prop its one of those great ones!! I still couldnt believe how you went from 80-90. Just bam and you were there. Like Niel said your for sure at that limit and because the motor has so much more it could have ran and your running so high above the pad is why the bounce. Ill bet if ya ran the prop lower say 1/4 below it wouldnt jump around as much but you also may or may not have reached those speeds. Better yet, raise those R,s your motor wants to run that prop up!! You have a great setup. What setback you running stock lip ect...

Another thing is because you can run that pitch with ease you could turn a bigger wheel no problem. Just be safe ofcourse. You may have a very good top end setup quite capable of nearing that magic number by the looks of it. You should talk to Todd about trying a bigger wheel the same as what you have. I wouldnt change a thing exept maybe a 7300 rpm box. Exciting stuff thanks for posting that!!! Have a blast!!

Last edited:

xb03

Thanks, for the comments, I have already inquired about a bigger wheel from Todd. Now I'm in the market for a 30p chopper II. My setback is 15.5" and my pad is .056.

JOEALLY

Thanks, for the comments, I have already inquired about a bigger wheel from Todd. Now I'm in the market for a 30p chopper II. My setback is 15.5" and my pad is .056.
Jarod,
What setback configuration? You have an Allison hydro plate right?

TBuck2003

Nice running boat !!!! IMPRESSIVE. My highly untrained ear is thinking 7250 -7300. What I care about is the rock steady attitude, low rooster tail, and trim angle, and you have all THREE nailed big time. Congrats on doing a great set up job... BTW back at 15.5 you will get cleaner water back to the prop.

TBuck

xb03fs

15.5" I may need to come back a little I think I am at 13" Running a second person up front defeinatly effects my running speed a bit

xb03

Thanks TBuck, that means alot.
Xb03fs, at 15.5 it seems to carry weight well. I though about moving it in, but I'm not now.

xb03fs

Got a 26 on order. Hoping I can put this prop into the limiter and get some similar results. I really like my 27 but since I have some rpms to spare and after seeing this post I am thinking the 26 will be the one for this boat.

xb03

Got a 26 on order. Hoping I can put this prop into the limiter and get some similar results. I really like my 27 but since I have some rpms to spare and after seeing this post I am thinking the 26 will be the one for this boat.
I really like my 26 quad 4. It's my best all around prop and I couldn't believe how much easier it was to drive over any trophy I've ran. I still haven't ran it solo yet for top speed.