Hydromotive O/T IV 28P prop

FastXD

Hydromotive O/T IV 28P prop, it fits a small shaft Merc and is in excellent condition. The prop has been Balanced and blueprinted and the trailing edge of the blades have been thinned, it also has the PVS holes drilled for the Merc PVS plugs. This prop ran 88.4 mph on my 20XD Bullet loaded with one person with a stock 225 ProMax. $375 plus shipping.

Last edited:

Speedman

I have been talking with Todd at Hydromotive, mine seems to be blowing out alot and he suggested lowering the engine which I will be doing this week, He suggested that I keep all the plugs in which is why I don't understand why you would want even more holes? I love the way the prop handles and hope by lowering the motor, it helps on the blow outs. I am no prop guy but won't it ventilate a ton more with all those holes??

Speedman

I know that but what I don't understand is that if mine totally blows out with all those little holes plugged and you ad 4 more BIG ones, how does that help. Does this mean you needed MORE exhaust going over which I would think would cause more slippage which also means that your set up must have had a bad hole shot for you to need to drill out more holes? And with all those holes in it, wouldn't it blow out about 10 times more?? I am missing something here??

FastXD

Mine actually bogged down before it would spin up. I put some tape over the holes a couple of weeks ago and the hole shot got better as the tape came off. By the end of the day most of the tape was either torn up or gone and the hole shot was much better than with the holes plugged. Every prop is different.