Hydromotive T-4X 28"

whipper

This always happens to me when Im not ready to buy a prop. Ive always wanted to try this prop in this pitch. Sweet deal! Should be awsome an xs/xb 03,s

jwt

The sad part is I didn't run it. I'm down to an inline six and a 2.0, so I don't have enough motor to swing it!

whipper

I remeber asking Todd about these wheels years ago. He said it was the fastest wheel in a 30 he worked for himself on his GS when he ran a 225 on her. 98 or 99 mph. So I always thought a 28 would be a great alround wheel in a T4-X. Still good for over 90 but better hole shot and midrange is what I gather. If I wasnt leaving for a month saterday morning boating I would have wanted to take this wheel with me. These are what the drag 4 are a copy of. The Drag3 is a copy of the T3-X thats the prop Todd runs on his GS 260 103 with 4 adults!!. Hydromotive was the original maker of these style of wheels like 20 years ago. Then performance started making the same style after Hydro never made any more runs of them in the foundry. Yami drags were accully the first making the sport cleaver they are similer but not as fast in the top end as the Hydro,s or Performances vertion.Most of Performance props are a copy of known good designs like these wheels and Et,s ect...They do a good job but nothing is like the original T4-X. The T4-X are tough props made at a very high cost to produce!! That was one of the reasons to not make another run of them. They were close to 1000 prop for a labbed one when new after foundry costs so never sold fast enough to make it worth making another run of them 10 years ago or so despite there inpressive performance. BTW this was also the fastest prop that in B&W magazine tested on any boat in a prop shootout. Think it was on an Allison XB03 with a {200xs} just under100mph in a 30!! Theres an artical some were. If that doesnt help ya sell this prop nothing will!!! Ill buy one one of these days:big grin

Last edited:

whipper

Its a Small shaft but my guess is great given the touque of the 150,s it would be the tall wheel for that setup. So good for light load higher speeds. Is your 150 small shaft or large?

Lotus 50

I ran a 30 T-4X for a while on my SS2000/150XR4. It was a bit much and a 28 probably would have been a better choice.

Goofy me, I've got a bunch of props I haven't tried with my Promax and here I am thinking about this prop...29 SRX, 30 and 31 Tritons, 30 small ear, & 28 cut small ear