hydrowave

allisonjr

Hey guys i purchased a Hydrowave last night, time to find out if its the real deal or just another gimic. This weekends weather kind of stinks so it may be a few days before i find out.

Allyfishing

Great, can't wait to hear how it works out for ya. there was a post a while back about them but no one had one to report on.

I've got a load of Cabelas points I can use to get one but still a bit leery of them.

Duh!!! just saw the original post after I commented here...it was yours!! LOL!!! Let us know.

allisonjr

i was holding out to see if anyone else was gonna get one, i figured id give it a shot

allisonjr

Went fishing at lake barkley today with my new toy, couldnt really tell a difference with the hydrowave. The lake was also about 2 ft' below summer pool, im guessing that may some effects on fishing too

Allyfishing

Refresh my memory, is Barkley part of Kentucky Lake?? I'm from up North, ya gotta excuse me! LOL!!

Summer pool already...you guys not getting rain either?? I thought the South and southwest was getting their share of spring rain?

Is the Hydrowave mainly for when the fish are in a schooling time of year?? but KVD used it to win the Classic on the delta during the spawn so that throws that out the window?? I don't know then?

I have enough Cabelas points to get close to the cost so i was thinking of getting one. What makes me hesitate is knowing that as soon as I do they will go on sale!!

allisonjr

Barkley is connected to kentucky lake but is different to fish. I think here in middle tn were getting about average rainfall but west tn is a little drier from what ive heard. What im getting out of the hydrowave so far is that its meant to be used around baitfish, i think its meant to ignite the bass into chasing the shad instead of being dormant

allisonjr

well i think ive figured out some of the tricks to the tool, when on a school of bass with bait fish in the area the hydrowave makes a difference. my wife and i caught like 20 bass last night on a high pressure lake.

Allyfishing

Awesome...That's great to know!
Thanks for the update and if you get more outings using it keep us informed.

Allyfishing

I stopped at CAbelas on my way home from the rally and used my points to get the Hyrowave.

I fished a lake today in upper New York state called lake Oneida. Awesome lake and heavily pressured. In fact there were 4 tourny's there today and the Elites will be there in August.

I took allisonjr's advice and used it when I knew there were baitfish AND fish present. Three different times i turned it on after I saw a bass swirl in the weeds near the boat. Either I or my friend caught a bass each time and the action was really slow in between.

Coincidence???? Maybe, but I'll keep working with it.