I heard a rumor

Jon

Supporting Member
I just want to make it clear that Glen said 100, because that is what he had heard, that someone said they could do it. If you're hitting 97.5, you could be close in the winter.

I could top it, I don't have a 21 though. If I want to go fast, I'll get an XR. If I want to fish, I'll get a 21.

Allyfishing

I don't remember Glenn saying 100. I "thought" I remembered hearing that he was "doubting" the claims of some of the top speeds he had been hearing ie. Neals 98 last year, johnny and tim's 95+ etc. and he wanted to have several GPS units in the boats to compare to get a true reading.

whipper

Have you or anyone ever ran with the troller off a 21? What difference did an 03 make light with no troller over fish load ? I would suspect the mph difference to be equal the same as an xb03 loaded to not?

GotMyAlly

I've never taken the troller off my 21. I had a removeable bracket on the troller on my 03 that I really liked, but it raised the motor up about 1". On the newer minn kotas, they already sit up so high, an extra 1" of height would obstruct the view. As tall as it is, I'd think there would be as much speed gain from the aerodynamics of removing it as there would be in the weight reduction. Just never tried it myself....

Jon

Supporting Member
There's a small difference in ProStock drag bikes and an off the factory floor boat.

xb03fs

Also heard that removing the windscreen from the xb21 Prosport was very noticeable.. Have you tried running without the windscreen????

GotMyAlly

Also heard that removing the windscreen from the xb21 Prosport was very noticeable.. Have you tried running without the windscreen????
My windscreen is cut down to half-height. I have not ran this 21 without it, but I did run with the windscreen off of my old 21. There was about 1 mph difference in the factory windscreen and no windscreen with a 225X.

GotMyAlly

There's a small difference in ProStock drag bikes and an off the factory floor boat.
My point was.....we're just talking fairy tale land make believe what-if scenarios if you don't have one or never spent any substantial amount of time in the drivers seat of one. Get your buddy Glenn to loan you one for the day then come back and show us what your GPS says.

Jon

Supporting Member
It's just a boat. Not a rocket. Push pedal with right foot, steer with hands, trim with thumbs. I think I can swing that.

Freebird

It's just a boat. Not a rocket. Push pedal with right foot, steer with hands, trim with thumbs. I think I can swing that.
Rockets are easy! Just light the fuse and hold on! :D

Why are you turning this into a pissing contest? Not that I don't enjoy a good one from time to time, just curious.

Last edited:

TBuck2003

I for one want to say Kudos to Neal for running that number in 95-100 degree heat with his "Normal Load" With a 250 XS those are impressive numbers. Prop aside as far as I am concerned should we not be happy that our brand showed well. I would be happy for any A Owner that does my brand proud !!!!After all we are literally all in the same boat...

Jon

Supporting Member
Why are you turning this into a pissing contest? Not that I don't enjoy a good one from time to time, just curious.
I didn't think I was. I never said that I could break 100mph in the boat, nor did I take Glenn up on his challenge - I didn't say it wasn't doable, but no one has done it yet. I think it's funny to brag about not making it over the bar which was set. I pointed that out, and for some reason it offended some it appears, because they told me to go do it myself.... which doesn't make sense. It's kind of like giving the umpire the bat after you strike out.

Jon

Supporting Member
I for one want to say Kudos to Neal for running that number in 95-100 degree heat with his "Normal Load" With a 250 XS those are impressive numbers. Prop aside as far as I am concerned should we not be happy that our brand showed well. I would be happy for any A Owner that does my brand proud !!!!After all we are literally all in the same boat...
....and since I didn't comment on this yet, I do think it is an impressive speed for that boat.