If you were planning to RE-POWER...

Lotus 50

I have thought about this a lot. When I got my Promax I thought it was temporary. 3 basic options and the third is looking good

175 Pro XS, Etec 150 HO, leave stock including gear case and call 80 fast enough
Break the bank and go 200XS ROS
Just rebuild my Promax and call life good

Only two stokes for me with currently available engines

ROBERT CROSS

When we got the GS 9 years ago I assumed the 2.5 PM was 225hp @ 408 lbs, come to learn it's closer to 240hp, anything comparable today is over 500 lbs. I'm not one to make changes just for change. Better they be improvements.

It's 'dock dreaming' Season, so this may just turn out to be a pipe dream after all. :rolleyes:

hirk

I have seen a guy running a new 200xs ros and if money was no object I would be all over one of these

GotMyAlly

I'd probably go back with another 250XS for a bolt-it-up-and-go solution with turn key reliability. A 300XS sure would be fun though!

flying07

Buddy and I have talked about this greatly on both my GS and his, both having Promaxes now . . . . 300xs, lightened (taylor likely) mid, way less setback, would be great! However, set-up would take some work, and putting that motor on a 'diet' can get expensive, but really, can be done. . . . . the limitation in RPM would be a concern for me however, certainly have to drive it differently, props, etc . . . . but turn key, idle all day, and probably boat all year on 5 gallons of gas and a quart of oil. . . haha, okay, maybe not, but close . . . haha

mac03

I have been thinking the same thing. To replace my 225x ss ? I can't decide on a new engine replacement. Lol. Most likely 250xs and a whole new jack plate setup ? Good question for sure

ROBERT CROSS

Fate has intervened, we lost our GSE in a storage fire last Wednesday.....:(:(14730

Awaiting insurance payment....deposit sent on a 2013 Red & White GSE, new, never registered.
Ordering new 250xs from Jaco in January if all goes as expected.

.....I took the long & hard advice, found a 200xs ROS, I think it will be the cat's PJ's

Last edited:

xb03fs

I'd be replacing the grandsport with a 2+2 or xb21 prosport if possible to get them anywhere close to a similar cost

scj

IMG_3530.JPG
A SUB model ProSport is as close as you'll get to a GS and you'll love the 21' hull!

You can get a new SUB model for low $40's hull and trailer.

Mine started out as a SUB model as they have the smooth front deck and the rear bench seat standard.

Last edited:

xb03fs

WADR.....GS only.

Our Lowe is all the fishing boat I need.o_O

It's still an allison, just made for the bigger motors. You don't have to put a pole in it. The decks sure make docking better.

I bet if you ask sweetly, they would make sun pads as well. Maybe for front and rear

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

It's still an allison, just made for the bigger motors. You don't have to put a pole in it. The decks sure make docking better.

I bet if you ask sweetly, they would make sun pads as well. Maybe for front and rear
Ahh yes...but your forgetting the co-pilot,(she's not happy, 'til your not happy), with the GS we're BOTH happy, a rare occasion indeed.;)