Interior

delgrad59

My GS interior is getting tired. Is the suggestion to replace with an Allison interior or use a local shop?

xs03mich

I checked around at the local shops by my place and they all want more $$$ than to have Allison make a new interior, which I do not quite understand. The factory redo would be all new foam and bases. Do not quote me though about 225.00 for each bucket and the the six pieces for the rear seat about 550.00 from the factory. I do not remember the price of the three rolled head rest pieces on the top of the back seat, but they were separate in price and ordering. Bill can send you samples. Greg.

delgrad59

Thanks. Have any idea about quality comparison? With two kids the seats are going to be used so want to make sure they hold up. Guess a local shop is a crapshoot for quality whereas Allison is a known.

Texan

Poke around in here searching for interior rehabs and the like. From what I've seen, getting Allison to cut new interiors and carpet at the factory, time spent with a little elbow grease and the owners loving touch, the outcome is far more desirable IMHO. My XB03 lives indoors when not on the water, so my carpet isn't too faded for me to drop the $$$ to go through it at this point. But I will say that when the time comes, I will call Bill @ Allison with my hull S/N and have the factory fab it up and send it to me. Since at this point it is mute, I have no thoughts on doing it myself or having a local shop do the install. My first jerk would be to do it myself with the help of a good friend that was in the business for many years.

Baitcaster redid his XB03 before he sold it. Check out the thread at http://forum.allisonowners.com/showthread.php?t=7802&highlight=Carpet

Just my .02.

Last edited:

atgill

thats is my winter plans also. order the carpet. new seat covers and a few other minor things. no rips or tears now but it does need freshing up, lives indoors also

mxzx

Wondering if you got a quote from Allison for a new interior? My GS interior is also getting worn and have been thinking of replacing it.
Thanks

procomp

MXZX, you could drag your boat to Brechin and get Gwen to quote it. She works in John Spaeth's building.
Gwen did my RiverRocket. Nice work.

Anyone made the floor or back hatch carpet snap on and off?
Thinking about ordering new carpet from Allison as well.