Just Wondering

chip ellis

I have a 96 xb 2002 with a 260 and 15 inch mid section. I don't have a trolling motor on it. I weigh 145 lbs. What would be the best set back. The boat has 10 inches now. Just wondering if 8 would be better?

chad202

What's up Chip. This is just my opinion but I really believe there is no one setback that works better than some others. Espesially if your loads vary. What I do believe is for our allys is that you have say a 3-4" range in which you can make the setback work. It may take different engine heights, props, or load placement for balast but can be made to work.

chip ellis

The reason I was asking is the guy I bought the boat from weighs 100 lbs more than me. I had to lower the motor alot to get it to handle better with me in it by myself. My xr2002 only had 6 in set back. That thing was awesome. I have the motor off and was thinking of tryin it at 8 inches and wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks Chad for the info. Nice boat by the way... Chip

chad202

There are several XB2002 around here and most of them run 8-10". I know that doesn't help. Are you're running with negative trim? If you are, then come in to 8". If you're with too much positive trim, go back to 11 or 12. If you're pretty much neutral trim or a tick above positive, leave it alone.