Looking for XB-21 Single Console or Prosport, or nice 2003

quickbiscuit

Probationary User
Will be ready to buy when everyone gets tired of making their payments this fall. :laughing Would love to find a single console XB-21 BasSport Pro or XST but the single console models seem few and far between. Dual console is out of the question including the 2+2 model.

I'm really looking for a fishing rig. Here's the contradictory part: I'm strongly considering a 21 ProSport since it's not likely that I will find a single console. Personal preference I guess, but if I'm going to be inconveniced by extra moldings on the boat, I would rather it be the big center console than two separate consoles. I have more time on my hands than my fishing partner, so this boat will mainly be for me to pre-fish out of and a backup rig if his boat is down. I've fished out of the front of a 2003 and out of the back of several dual console bass rigs, and the dual console setup just isn't for me.

If the 21 doesn't happen, I'm thinking about trying to find a really clean 2003 and just accepting the limitations on deck and storage space.

I'm located in the middle of what used to be Allison country. About 30 minutes from Lawrenceburg, TN.

Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated. I will be keeping a close eye on this forum as well as ebay and Craigslist. I just let a nice 2003 get by me on Craigslist and am still kicking myself. Hopefully more Allys will show their face after Labor Day.

My only concern with buying a 21 ProSport is the prices being all over the place. There aren't a great deal of them that get listed and the asking price is usually a craps shoot from what I've seen. I want to make sure that I don't give too much in case I find a single console later on and need to get out of the ProSport. Any advice here on what is considered a good deal on these 21 footers? I've got a pretty good handle on 2003 values.

Thanks for the help, and please keep me in mind if anyone stumbles across anything!

skewby

call glenn reynolds at reynolds racing and marine in harriman he has a 2006 prosport with a 260ss hanging on it and a real clean 2003 with a 250 yamaha on it

fasteddie

You could also call Allison they have an xst that they are using as a demo. Don't know if they want to sell it or not but couldn't hurt to ask.

xb03fs

call glenn reynolds at reynolds racing and marine in harriman he has a 2006 prosport with a 260ss hanging on it and a real clean 2003 with a 250 yamaha on it
not on his website...

skewby

its not at the shop, he has it locked up for now. its the red white and black one with red carpet that was advertised by allison on their site with the 175 on it

xb03fs

I'm sure he has a list a mile,long of people waiting for a used one to pop up