Magnum, Charger or 300C

procomp

Just curious if anyone is towing there Allison with one of these as I just bought one and was thinking about putting a hitch on it. Yup, its got the Hemi :)

Attachments

ROBERT CROSS

PC

Can't imagine you'd have a problem.
On an RV board I'm on a member has a 31' Airstream he tow's and loves it!!

Sweet Ride...:beer:

Bob
:smile

K.Kiser

My only concerns would be the transmission staying cool and having sufficient material for hitch attatchment... If those things are kept in check then I say there would be little to no trouble...

ROBERT CROSS

We tow pretty "heavy" so the Burb is set up with all synthetics, engine, diffs, TC case and tranny.
Towing the GS is not a problem at all.

Bob

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't imagine it'd be a problem. If I can pull my boat with a Trans Am, that car should do just dandy.

whipper

I have a 300 Hemi and will hitch it up next month. Dealer said no problem at all. There rated to 3500lbs trailer weight. Our hulls on a Tandem are around 2500. They make a hiden hitch that acually is hiden!! You can have a hole cut in the bottom of the rear valance with a plug so you dont see anything. Then just pop the plug throw on the hitch and hook up. Thats what Im doing. Cost installed is 500 bucks tax in for that one. Theres a good forum called 300z that is very active with lots of tottaly adicted members and mechanics that help ya with any problems you might have just like hear. This ones a good one also. http://www.300cforums.com/

Last edited:

skewby

the magnum and the 300 both have 4 wheel disks i would think? and both would have bigger and better brakes than my tacoma and it pulls and stops my 002 fine. and i dont even have trailer brakes

procomp

I went with the Magnum RT as it will get twice the fuel mileage my lifted megacab will get. The SRT fuel mileage is quite a bit worse. Less money for boat gas :)

I've been on lxforums.com and custommagnums.com

procomp

nice car whipper but I tell ya, there would be some diehard SRT owners crying see that car being driven in the snow :)