Making ss2000 slightly more wife friendly

Mc556

Granted I probably should’ve bought a grand sport vs SS excel. Since that’s behind us now I’m trying to make a few adjustments. First was getting a extra seat to go side by side when cruising.
I also bought a E ladder. Water levels are high and our sandbars and beaches are fewer. Getting back in is easy for me but no so much for her from open water. That will be a big help.
The real issue is once up on the back corner she wants to step on the back hatch.
That hatch doesn’t seem near strong enough. I’m debating adding more glass. I hate to mess with it so finding a extra hatch would be better. I’m sure with the right $$$$ Allison might build me one but fun money has been spent.
Anyone know where a extra SS excel hatch is a available or have a better solution.
Realistically I think the hatch makes all the difference in the world for her.

Lotus 50

What colour? There is a yellow tall hatch in my crawl space that I never use. The mod I made was having a cushion made so my wife could sit higher. She hardly ever rides in my SS2000 anyway

Mc556

What colour? There is a yellow tall hatch in my crawl space that I never use. The mod I made was having a cushion made so my wife could sit higher. She hardly ever rides in my SS2000 anyway
Color doesn’t really matter
My boat is getting wrapped orange after the 6th and the hatch Carbon Fiber look
Mine is a low version.
I was thinking about adding some stringer reinforcements to the current.

Rick Propst

Loved my SS but it’s a pain in the ass getting into the hatch and for wife to get in,, the only time she could get in the water was if we were at a sandbar,, so I sold it and bout at Xb2003 and put a E Ladder in it so much nicer and easier being able to walk all over the boat

Mc556

Well I figured out how to make the wife more happy in the Allison.
Looks like in 7-10 days I’ll be posting pics of my Grand Sport.

22R

Congratulations. I have always loved the Grand Sport boats. I even have considered swapping my XB2002 a couple times but the one thing that bothers me is docking. I always climb over the front deck and tie up the bow. It seems more of a challenge even if I wanted to slide over the bow of a GS. But they are the coolest sport boats i have ever seen IMO.

22R