Matt Sharp

Dave Hensley

A few A-boat owners will be at Sugar Valley on the Bar today, August 2. I will be collecting donations for Matt Sharp who remains in ICU after a terrible car wreck over two weeks ago. Every little bit will help. I will be delivering a card and donations to him next week. Please help.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Ben there was another thread that I had been posting to, sorry. Info is a little hard to come by. He had a surgery Sunday to remove a large area of infection in his chest. He was doing some better Tuesday. Still in ICU and still aided by life support machines.

Dave Hensley

Matt is awake and getting stronger. Got a message from the hospital last night that he is spending time off of the ventilator during the day. The power of prayers folks. Please keep him in yours.

Dave Hensley

Folks my Christmas wish is for Matt to pull through this with a quality of life that will allow him to fish and work again. He is in "step down" ICU but still on and off a ventilator. That's 4-1/2 months! You gotta be one tough son of a gun to fight through what he has. Lots of stuff going on in this old world that need prayers to fix but save old Matt a little corner in yours. Thanks.

Dave Hensley

I don't have much info but did get the message that Matt is off the ventilator and is talking. He is going through therapy. I wish I knew more but assume the therapy is physical therapy to get him walking again.

Dave Hensley

News is still very sketchy. Matt had been in therapy in a facility in Middle Tennessee. He has since regressed and is back in a constant care environment and I am not sure about the location. He is not doing well.

Dave Hensley

With a heavy heart it has been confirmed Matt passed away yesterday. He will be missed but we know he is in a better place today. What a valiant fight he put up to cling to life in hopes of returning to work, water and woods.