May be needing some help...

Kmack

I was hauling my newly restored XTB21 home from it's maiden trip to the lake (Table Rock Lake Mo.) and had a blowout and wheel/tire separation from trailer which caused the trailer to be inoperable. Flatbed truck towed me to the nearest Marine dealer (a Bass Cat dealer) who allowed me to set the boat off of the tow truck there.

(See "Officially a completed Restoration now..." in the Allison Boats Restoration Forum for pictures)

This dealership is 200+ miles from my home and I am trying frantically to come up with a new trailer to buy for it but am having trouble coming up with a manufacturer who will build a trailer without the boat or a pattern.

I am currently working with Nancy at Allison to see if Boatmate has a pattern (they're supposed to, but she says they have been having to take every boat down to be custom fit).

I live in Kansas and my boat cannot be hauled there for fitment so the help I may need is for someone local near Allison/Boamate with an XTB21 to run it by Boatmate so they can use it as a pattern.

Currently Nancy is working to see what she can come up with but I figured maybe someone on this board might be able to do this without a great deal of inconvenience.

I don't know at this point if this will be required but if there is someone who would consider doing this, I would pass that info on to Nancy.

Thanks.

GotMyAlly

You can't put a new wheel/tire on and get the boat home on the existing trailer, then deal with getting a new trailer built? I've had two trailer tires go at 70+. Both mangled the fenders to the point that the trailer was immobile, but a few minutes with a pry bar gave me the clearance I needed to get back on the road. I know if my trailer were totalled tomorrow, I'd be looking at some of the custom aluminum options. No doubt they would need the boat though.

Kmack

Axle bent, lug bolt threads stripped, tow truck finally got us somewhere at closing time, 200 miles from home ( my own shop). Plus 2 of 3 people had to work following day. We couldn't wait a couple of days for that kind of repair. And that cost would go a long way toward a new trailer when you consider axle, tires, wheels, welder time, etc.

We chose the cleanest most cost effective path under fire. Plus, my wife said she wasn't going to ride pulling that trailer again - get a new one or else. The ride trying to shut down and get clear of traffic after bow out scared her.