Mazco 5 Blade ? Xb 2003

BigRWater

Along with an Xb 2003/supermagnum boat that I recently bought, i also got 3 props and this is one of the them. In the sealed clear packing envelop on the box there is an invoice/packing slip that shows a 26 pitch prop. The number on the prop itself ends with 23, I take that to mean a 23 pitch prop.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this prop? Do you have any thoughts about the potential of this prop on a '98 XB 2003/Super Magnum 225 combo?
DSC00135.jpgDSC00137.jpgDSC00139.jpg

bassracr

As said above.. should holeshot good and probably be on the limiter before 70. Pulling a skier or tube behind your boat will likely be the only thing you will find it useful for. It’s a mercury high five prop not a Mazco

BigRWater

To all of you thank you for your input.
Probably not a prop we would use.
We just want a great fishing boat...

dubmoney

My brother has a High Five on his Aluminum fishing boat. I have run it on a 150 hp 2.5 liter mercury, with a tiller handle. I think it sucks. No reverse, cavitated badly. I suppose there must be a boat or set-up for it but I was not impressed.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like everything, they are great when used for the right application. They are a great ski prop. I always wondered if somebody could tweak the blades so it would run good on the big end too.

BigRWater

Like everything, they are great when used for the right application. They are a great ski prop. I always wondered if somebody could tweak the blades so it would run good on the big end too.
I should save it in case any grandchildren want to go tubing or try their hand at skiing. How slow can the XB 2003 go on plane with a prop like this?

dubmoney

mine starts to fall off plane at about 21 mph. I think you may be able to get down to 15 mph if you added a skid planer and caveitation foil.

BigRWater

mine starts to fall off plane at about 21 mph. I think you may be able to get down to 15 mph if you added a skid planer and caveitation foil.
Thanks dubmoney.
I have what looks to be an added caveitation foil. It has been modified some. I was wondering about a skid plate? For pulling my grandson on a tube, I want to go as slow as possible on plane... ...actually that would help me fishing also.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks dubmoney.
I have what looks to be an added caveitation foil. It has been modified some. I was wondering about a skid plate? For pulling my grandson on a tube, I want to go as slow as possible on plane... ...actually that would help me fishing also.
Sounds like it is time to do some testing. Let us know how it performs.