Might need bail money!!!

RedAllison

I'm leavin early in the a.m. for South Dakota. Goin pheasant huntin for the week (be back Friday night). Should be a blast as I am goin with 3 buddies who are brothers and own 4 Harley dealerships here in TN and about 30 other H-D dealers from allover the country. We're takin cigars, guns and a pockets a ca$h. But that might not be enough! :mrgreen: I might hafta call one of ya to come bail us out!!! !-! !-! !-! !-! !-! !-!

Have gun will travel, $);
RA

ps
V.P. Cheney was up there lastweek but he should be gone by now so I feel a lil safer!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

BigRedAlli

V.P. Cheney was up there lastweek but he should be gone by now so I feel a lil safer!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sounds like a cool trip Red !!!
Have Fun & Happy Hunting !!! :grin:
Marty

RedAllison

Just got back, WOW whatta place. It was my kinda bird "hunt" that bein when I am goin for big game I like to hunt. When I'm after birds I don't so much want to hunt em, I want to SHOOT EM!!! :twisted: This place (Southfork Lodge in Dallas, South Dakota) didn't have a few birds... it was INFESTED with em. I mean they were EVERYWHERE.

The accomodations were first rate as well, they fed us like royalty 3Xs a day, it was all inclusive and that even included the booze. It's about 200miles west of Sioux Falls, SD (right above the Nebraska/South Dakota line). The place is about 6K acres (and in that rolling/flat corn area you can stand on the porch and see it all) and there were more birds than I have ever even heard of. They have 3 4x4 buses that they carry you out and drop off walkers/wingers (and blockers on the opposite end of the field) and of course the bus just waits on the far end to carry you too the next field or back too the lodge.

The first night we got in it snowed and the temperature never rose above freezing the rest of the week so it was beautiful and white all week. The birds are VERY easy to see in the snow as well. If your shooting is a bit rusty there is even a skeet range beside the lodge. All of that (as well as ammo for the range and hunting) is included as well. In South Dakota you can't hunt pheasant before 9 oclock (keeps down accidental shooting of hens) so staying up all night playing poker and shooting pool in the free bar that was built across the parking lot from the lodge doesn't wipe you out over the week.

If you've ever considered a FIRST CLASS "pull out all the stops" pheasant hunt in South Dakota then give Ray Tutt at Southfork a call. They book up early and often but it's because their service, results and hunt experience is the stuff of legends.

Nextyear is already booked!!! ;)
RA