Mounting ? Stainless Marine trim gauge...

ROBERT CROSS

Anyone using the Deluxe Trim Gauge with the 2 1/2" wide bezel on the GS?

Do I have enough room between the water pressure and CMC gauge to mount it?

The standard gauge is pretty slick also, may have to use it if there isn't enough room.

Any other install concerns or + or - reviews? Cable length?

Pic's would be kool, like to get an idea of how they look installed.

Thank's

Bob

Last edited:

catfish123

They sure are "proud" of that trim system. I know they are the most accurate if properly set up and maintained but WOW on the price.

ROBERT CROSS

Yeah..... that price is a real put-off for sure. :rolling eyes
Spread it out on the workbench, it sure don't look like 1/2 a K.

What bugs me...when I tuck it in for a hole shot, it screams in protest when it hits bottom. Can't be doing the pump any good. Maybe a little dash LED with a waterproof switch on the clamp bracket.....blink:rolling eyes just before scream.

Bob

DOUBLE J

I was thinking of doing the same set up on my GS. I had planned on getting a piece of the faux carbon fiber from Allison and have it cut to fit the area around where the trim gauge would be mounted. I have used this trim gauge system before and it works great.

Reel Life

Bob, the unit you have referenced in the thread is there unit for the single ram style clamp bracket. If you have the standard promax 3 ram clamp bracket, you will need a different system. I will see if I still have the info and part number. The LED on these is plenty bright for day time visibility.

ROBERT CROSS

Sorry for the delay.....

Finally got everything squared away, no room on the dash without a lot of mod's, this was my compromise....

Love-it well worth the investment, should have done it years ago...

DOUBLE J

Bob
I just ordered mine and I decided to mount it like you did when it comes in. Thanks for the pic's and placement idea.

ROBERT CROSS

Bob
I just ordered mine and I decided to mount it like you did when it comes in. Thanks for the pic's and placement idea.
Just be very careful cutting the hole, I drilled a 3/8" hole at each corner and used a cutting wheel on my Dremmel Tool.
The 14' cable worked very well if you mount the gauge whereI did.
It's really handy after choosing your speed and matching a trim number for most efficient running.
I adjusted mine so that #1 is just off the bottom stop and 9 is just before tilt.

In action....