My son would be P-Od...

RedAllison

So Saturday was opening day of bowseason and this was the first year my youngest son has bowhunted. I put him in the stand that is right behind the camera that has gotten the most and latest pics of the 13ptr. (It's in a gap between a 3/4 acre foodplot, a 7acre pasture, a 5 acre bedding THICKET and a 10acre pine lot.) He hunted the stand Sat morn and had to return home for his homecoming dance Sat night. Sat aftrn I hunted that stand. We each only saw slickheads.

My wifes birthday was Sunday so I did the right thing, made the kids all stay home, get up and go to church and take their mother out to lunch afterwards. All was/is great and glad we did the family thing... but yesterday I checked the camera that is there in front of his stand and this chocolate horn, heavy 8pt with 8" browtines cruised thru Sunday morning less than 10yds from the stand! :mad:

Roger holcombe

Probationary User
So Saturday was opening day of bowseason and this was the first year my youngest son has bowhunted. I put him in the stand that is right behind the camera that has gotten the most and latest pics of the 13ptr. (It's in a gap between a 3/4 acre foodplot, a 7acre pasture, a 5 acre bedding THICKET and a 10acre pine lot.) He hunted the stand Sat morn and had to return home for his homecoming dance Sat night. Sat aftrn I hunted that stand. We each only saw slickheads.

My wifes birthday was Sunday so I did the right thing, made the kids all stay home, get up and go to church and take their mother out to lunch afterwards. All was/is great and glad we did the family thing... but yesterday I checked the camera that is there in front of his stand and this chocolate horn, heavy 8pt with 8" browtines cruised thru Sunday morning less than 10yds from the stand! :mad:

RedAllison

Lol I've been busy this week & only hunted Mon. afternoon. I KNEW Thurs was gonna be a special day & I couldn't go, high skies, bluebird day, calm & much cooler. Plus it was ahead of today's frontal conditions... Well yep the ol boys didn't fail me. All three pics are in front of my sons stand. The first pic is the 13pt at high noon! The 2nd point is the 13 going back past the stand just after 6pm. The 3rd pic is the big 9pt easing thru shortly after daylight yesterday. I'm leaving in the morn for the coast for the kids fall break so today I cleared the cams, added another & they'll have a week of unmolested living. When I return after nextweek ITS WAR!!! ;)image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg