new guy on the block

jim biernacki

hello everyone ,

well , first off i am glad to say im now a proud owner of my first allison. I've owned 2 bullets before both great boats both ran well into the 80's but i have decided to change things up. I recently purchaced a 94 xb03 with a 03 225 promax white with red accents boats very clean for its age. i'm an advid fisherman that used to do tournaments but now just go with buddies for fun and i like to go fast.i have read alot of posts on this forum and it seems to be full of alot of good things and i just want to say thank you for letting me on this forum and im glad to be part of the allison family now. FYI bought the boat late into the seson and have never taking it out yet but owner had videos of it running on lake she runs 85.6 gps with two peps set up with a hydromotive 4 10" set back manual jackplate 20" mid with a sporty on her im thinking shell do close to 90 solo. been thinking on an ally cut 4 blade any tips would be appreciated . here are some pics of rig.. thank you all and i look forward to talking to you guys on this site.

Attachments

xb03

Should run 95-98 solo and 88-92 with two up front. Setup is the key. Nice boat!

jim biernacki

thank you xb03 forgot to say he said prop was about 1" below pad i havent checked it yet in the vids he sent me u could see the water psi was about 25 psi ..cant wait to get in her n let her rip im a big boy but id be tickled if it ran in the low 90s. i had a 21xd with a 2.5 280hp running 88.6 great boat n super clean, but thats all in the past now i love the looks of this boat n the construction is awesome not a note of a stress crack on tbe boat where typically the bullets will get them in certain spots. The pad on this ally is real clean boat was just well taken care of , im in new york i bought it out of NC. sry about the typing im on my phone at wrk lol

Rick Propst

welcome beautiful boat,,,I have never driven a Bullet so i dont know how hard they are to drive but when you do get to run your Ally dont jump in it and go balls out Try to go about 70 and learn to drive it there and learn how to slow it down, this is if you have never driven an Allison,,, Dont get discouraged if you cant run it anywhere near what you ran your Bullet, it will take time,, Be Safe

SLOmofo

Welcome to the jungle... a lot of fun to come. As said just take your time and don't try to rush the learning curve. Baby steps... 5mph increments... as you learn what it (the boat) will teach you as you experience the different water conditions you encounter.

jim biernacki

thanks for all the great tips . i had already figured that i would start off easy and get a feel for things my bullet with the 2.5 280 was a charm she would chine at about 80 n once u walked through it you could drive that boat 1 handed at 88 my 20 footer with a promax n a bullet cut drag 3 was a handfull at around 84-86 but ive read alot when i got my bullet on the driving techniques? flat n fast not alot of pos trim get her on plane ease into it with alittle trim hammer it n bump.the trim a click at a time watching the tach n feeling what the boat wants to do.. anyways thanks for the input cant wait to take it out.. super excited to be a part of this forum u guys are great

jim biernacki

thanks for the input SLOmofo duely noted on baby steps new boat and im sure totally diff mannerisms. I will be taking baby steps and learn how to drive it at diff speeds ..plenty of time in the future to go fast, since im planning on keeping this one for a while. spring time ill hit the river solo and feel it out.......cant wait

by the way any of you guys have sound systems on your boats if so whats a good unit ,looking to put one on mine this winter for when i go out sport boating instead of fishing??

Rick Propst

And i could be wrong but i think you are going to need a 30-50 pound weight on the left side of boat when you are by yourself, unless its center steer,,,

jim biernacki

lol thanks rick prob gunna need more than that im a big boy at 300 + . but yeah ill level it out , its not a center steer. thinking on putting cranking battery on that side too just to get as much weight on that side i can .

jim biernacki

thanks flying07 read ur thread lol yeah some good stuff . cant wait to get it on the water n see what happens ,can i drive it or what .... u guys are making me wonder lol ..ill keep everyone informed on my first time out , well see how she handles.. thanks again all u guys for the advice..

jim biernacki

msethsmile, ill check it in spring thats where he thinks it is set at, ill try it there and try a click at a time on plate . he sent me video of him on a lake and looks like the boat drives nice , he shows a run of 85 n change ill try n post it..cant seem to post it. sry

dubmoney

Welcome, I like your boat, course I would be biased. Can't wait to hear about your experiences out on the water.

JOEALLY

Welcome!

I've owned 3 XB2003s in the past and they are great boats. They're versatile and fast for a "fishing" boat.

If the pad lip is stock, I'd set the prop shaft 3/8" - 1/4" below the pad if I'm remembering correctly.

I used to run a Hydromotive Quad IV OT 28 pitch that was my absolute favorite prop hands down. I ran a lot of props but it was the one I ran with a fishing load 99.9% of the time.

It was 88-94 mph fishing load - depending on load (1 or 2 people, water in livewell or not, temp, tackle, etc.) and set up with a 225X.

I've owned 4 Bullets and they're nice boats, no bashing at all but Allisons are just top notch.

Welcome to the club ...

jim biernacki

thanks guys for the warm welcome ,im super stoked to be part of the allison family now, thanks for all the input and if this boat runs in the 90's it will be all ill need to beat anything up here in NY to the next fishing hole.. plus its nice to go out n beat up on some big blocks when me and the ol lady go out for a day on the river... best of both worlds ... i love this boat and havent even taking it out yet!!

merry xmas to all you guys n a safe new year

bassracr

Congratulations on your purchase.
That’s a fine looking rig. A couple things you may want to consider:
(1) setback.. I believe with two big fellas in the front , adding 4inch spacers to your 10 inch plate to give you 14 in. Of setback is going to work much better for you. Personally I would put them on this winter,set your propshaft 1/4 under the pad and learn how to drive it like that from the start. Read up or reach out to a local Allison owner to assist in the setup. Pad to prop measuring, cable steering adjustments if applicable etc.
(2) stereo installation
Consider your choice carefully.
I’m a big fan of killer tunes, however....
I could not bring myself to cut up my boat for a sound system. I think if at some point you decide to re-sell it would be a turn off or deal breaker to some prospective buyers . I did buy a atv speaker system that fits nicely under the bow and sounds decent.
Not real loud running 80 down the lake, but sounds good floating around and drinking a cold one. Of course you could make your own with better components and still avoid cutting up your boat. Here’s a link to the one I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IAHG1PS/ref=mp_s_a_1_5/140-5660030-0960518?ie=UTF8&qid=1514251145&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=boss+atv&dpPl=1&dpID=41dR2adbRSL&ref=plSrch

Enjoy your boat!!!

jim biernacki

thnx bassracr im gunna look into the extentions as we speak, i was thinking on a bit more setback just from reading some setups on this forum .