New Prop Advice XB2002 with XR6 150+

22R

Hi looking for input on my next prop. My Hoss Hyperdrive 28 pitch has developed a crack in one of the blades. It is the only prop that I have really run my boat. I do have 25 Yamaha copy that I can use but I think a ear is slightly bent so I will have to send it to a prop shop.
I have been offered to try a 28ET by a local member here and will try it but was wanting to get other opinions of what people think. My current setup is 1/8 below the pad and the Hoss would push the boat to bout 87mph. I use the boat mostly for cruising and bar hopping ( sand bars, river bars, honky tonk bars, etc) I like the higher pitch cause my XR6 is thirsty and I was hoping to find something that diminishes steering torque as much as it can. I will miss the Hoss but this is the second time it has cracked as they repaired it years ago.
Any input is appreciated.

22R

gmorgan

If your last crack repair lasted for years, I would send it to Billy Eaves and have him weld her up again. Billy does great work, and if you get another year or two, it will be worth it.

dubmoney

I have a Mazco RE3 28 pitch, SRX 27P , 28P Chopper, and Brand new 28P Lighting ET, I have also tested a BBlades Blaster 28P. If you don't need every last mph, then for the money I would suggest the BBlades Blaster, its four blade design reduces torque steer, vs. the other 3 blade designs. I think you will find many of the members here will suggest Hydromotive four blade props, that will be my next prop since the ET has proven to be the best prop I currently own (my first priority has been all out top speed.) As you probably know every prop even with the same name is different and every hull and setup is different. Choppers and many of the ET pitches are being discontinued in the next 10 days so, a Chopper II will probably go up in value over time I would think.

bigtis

Come down to Amelia one day. W can get a lil ride together with some other Allison’s and you can try some wheels. I have probably 15 you will like. Don’t be mad if I break out with a crescent and go to raising your jackplate though lmao.

chad202

Kyle, Bo actually does a very good ally cut chopper. It's the cut that EVERYONE locally ran back in the day. I had him do a 26 chopper when I had my Blazer and that's the prop my Blazer ran over 90mph with. I have a 24 I will be bringing to him for that cut. Just another option for you. However I believe the 28ET should work very well for you.