New prop for a SS2000

BigKid85

When I had my XR4, my fastest prop on my SS was a 31 Triton, followed by a Ron Hill tweaked 30 small ear. The small ear came onto a plane a bit better and was only 1/2 mph slower, which could be day to day variation.

It's interesting to me that some of you run big ear choppers. I tried two big ears when I had the XR4, and although I didn't wash the sides of the boat, the bow was always moving a bit. My boat never ran on a string with big ear choppers.

Now I've got a 225 PM, with a freshly worked gearcase, so I'll be testing this summer. 31 Triton, 30 Triton, 30 small ear, 29 SRX, 28 Dunamis, 26 Trophy...I don't need to buy any more props this year, lots to try.
I am running an uncut 26 Chopper II on mine and I can't get it to settle down on the upper end either. With that being said, I like it for an all around prop when I am just riding up and down the river with the occasional WOT run.

LakeAnna

LakeAnna those are sweet looking props! let me try them out this summer and I will get them back to you by sept.
:shock:.... Send me some "Franklins" and you can try them all you want. :wink

I do have a 28 cut by Robbie that runs as good as anything... for sale.

Actually, you want a complete package... GS/225X and 4 or 5 wheels?

2003225X

:shock:.... Send me some "Franklins" and you can try them all you want. :wink

I do have a 28 cut by Robbie that runs as good as anything... for sale.

Actually, you want a complete package... GS/225X and 4 or 5 wheels?

Selling the whole thing???

john4utvols

I had a 26 chopper, worked by JC, he calls it the RL cut. I loved that prop on my SS 280 combo. It would run 101 and break your neck out of the hole. Broke a prop shaft and lost it.