No wake zone with 225 PM

Lotus 50

I have always avoided long no wake zones tith my Promax. This year lock passage is free. Should I reconsider? It's probably an hour of slow to the next lake north. Have I been right to avoid this?

skewby

my promax idled as long as you wanted. i've idled while towing another boat 6-7 miles before

Jr in Jax

Due to our excess of manatees and lack of politicians with any intelligence, Florida is the No Wake capital of the world. I use the steamwheel accessory on my Brucato ACU to lean my mixture very lean when stuck in one. I just had Charlie and Ed pull the strainers on my injectors and it seems to be running richer with the screens out while idling.

90 5.0

I've idled for hours straight while side scan graphing for fish with my promax. No worries it loads up a little at times but clears as soon as you jump on plane.

Dennis P

Probationary User
I find if you trim up significantly it won't load up at all.
No trim and oil pools so that it will smoke at next start up.

ROBERT CROSS

^
X2

On Gs#1, after 7 yrs, I finally realized the the reason the PM was smoking at idle/wake zone was the it was usually buried, trim up 3/4.....fine.

Mick

^
X2

On Gs#1, after 7 yrs, I finally realized the the reason the PM was smoking at idle/wake zone was the it was usually buried, trim up 3/4.....fine.
Agreed, with my offshore mid it really gets the ramp crowds panties bunched up!! LOVE it... lol