Nuclear War In Tn!!!

RedAllison

Where: FedEx Forum, Beale Street, Memphis TN.
When: 8pm (Big E time) Saturday night, live on ESPN.

#1 and UNDEFEATED: University of Memphis Tigers lead by my friend "General" John Calipari.
vs
#2: University of Tennessee Volunteers lead by a man who has TOTALLY turned the UT roundball program around in a few years... "General" Bruce Pearl.

GONNA BE A BARROOM BRAWLER. Last time an innerstate rivalry played as #1 and #2 was 10 years ago in '98 and this is a first for Memphis and TN.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!!! :at the bar
RA

ps
Look for Michelle and I, front row, courtside, mid court, across from the Tigers. I'll have Joey Dorsey's "Black travelin #32" jersey on from lastyear!!!

TN XB-21

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

WE ARE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedAllison

BEST roundball game I've ever been to, even if my boys didn't pull it out. Knew it was gonna be close, but was hopin it would be us on top at the end.

Man the hooplah and pregame was amazing as well. We got to the FedEx Forum about an hour and a half before tip-off. Mingled with Prescilla Presley, Penny Hardaway, Dickey V "baby" and it seemed like the rest of the world was there as well...

As usual we left more than enough winning points on the table because of our lack of foul shooting prowess. :furious But TN answered us just as we answered back, Memphis and UT were about as evenly matched as it got.

But it's hardly over yet, March madness hasn't even started!!!

Gooooooooooo Tigers, :beer:
RA

ps
I can honestly say that if we had to have our undefeated stretch snapped and lose our 1st place ranking, at least it was to a deserving team like the Vols and not some quirk or "having a bad day" second rate team. Like Coach Cal said lastnight, "We were out scrapped!"

280TRIAD

I don't think I have ever seen hype like that for a regular season game before.....Don't worry RA, I think we just watched 2 of the top 4 teams in the country play last night,& I don't think it will be the last time they play each other this season.

But I did witness something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime................TN Men's B-Ball ranked #1 in the nation

It wasn't the prettiest at times as far as style goes, but alot of that was from hustle & great defense from both teams.

When you have 2 teams avg 80+ points a game, and the winner has 66,that shows they can straight up play some "D"

Great game,but I'm worried about this trap game we have Tuesday in Memorial Gym,especially coming off the hype of this game going into a game against the 2nd best team in the SEC, after we drilled them by 20 earlier in the season

GOOOOOOOOOO Vols

RedAllison

You got that right T280, folks seem to be forgettin that lil battle comin with Vandy at home. You can NEVER take that forgranted. Would be HELL to lose that 1st time ever #1 ranking 3 days after you got it. But that team just happens to be Vandy in a place that has historically made loosers of some VERY GOOD teams. Vandy is 17-0 at home right now! (GLAD yall playin em, instead of us. We just got Tulsa at home Wed. night!)

:beer:
RA

ps
I bleed orange in the fall, reckon we could get Pearl to coach in Neyland Stadium??? :confused: Sure CAN'T be any worse than fatboy...

280TRIAD

if he can coach football too, pay the man 10 mil a year & let him at it:laughing maybe he will do a little of this
:beating dead horse to Britton Colquitt & some of the others up on the hill :banghead

Split

Probationary User
R.A. Good post, nice graphics. Thanks for extra info. Dont usually follow the round ball circuit. The round oval car racin is enough of a circus.
. Yes the lead was back and forth ,never sure of the finish. The last minute can sure stretch into 8 minutes, but it was very colorful to watch on the big TV. Good media for both sides of our state. TV had extra lead in about Friday P.P. pep rallys, mansion, etc.
Thanks again for the courtside scoop. will have to read more of your posts.
SODDY-DAISY

LAAllison

#1 didn't last very long. Vandy has all ways been a good basketball school. So now who's number one? Only good thing is there is a tournament so they'll all get a chance to rebound.

Art

Roll Tide

RedAllison

YUP like I said, you DONT waltz into Memorial Coliseum and walk out with an easy victory. Vandy had that game sewn up from the tip-off. I'm sure some of it had to do with the fact that UT was still worn out after their war with Memphis and I'm sure they didn't sleep much in celebration during those 3 days.

I'll be at Memphis' game tonight, "SHOULD" be a win for us but Tulsa is #2 in the conference I think. Like I've said, BETTER UT at Vandy than us playin Vandy lastnight.

It's ALL for naught, other than braggin rights, none of it matters til next month!!! :beer:
RA

Last edited: