Odba manning

Hotprop

Administrator
Just found out that the obda race in Manning, SC for next week is cancelled.....:gasp They dropped the race after a local guy got all the permits from coast guard, had the Police department scheduled to help, ambulance lined up and rescue team ready. Now that person and a few more will not be helping any more. Lots of peoples vacation time wasted. All due to lack of organization by the club officials....... and what about the year long sponsors that is not getting what they paid for too??? Keep this up and the only place to race will be the DSRA, which seems to be rapidly growing.......

alc

I think you should look @ the post on Byu boys about this .As Ray Leach says it had nothing to do w/the club officials . But the local promoters had no money for the race.

bruce pitts

what local promoters are you talkin about they never was any we all know this when the date was set some know the truth and some don't it is what is i know the member that set everything up then the official had there own meeting this was done Poorly

alc

ForumGeneralGeneral Information ODBA Manning, SC Race CANCELLED+ Reply to Thread Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: ODBA Manning, SC Race CANCELLED
Search Thread
Rate This Thread
Display
Yesterday*07:49 PM #1 Ray Leach
Paid Coonass Member
ODBA Manning, SC Race CANCELLED
Due to unforseen circumstances the ODBA Board of Directors have decided to cancel the upcoming race in Manning, SC scheduled for July 21st and 22nd. We apologize for any inconvenience to our racers and look forward to seeing everyone at the next scheduled event. www.odbaracing.com
Reply * Reply With Quote * * ** *
Yesterday*09:36 PM #2 allisonman280
Registered Users
Re: ODBA Manning, SC Race CANCELLED
WHAT HAPPENED IS THE WATER TOO LOW OR WHAT I HAD A CREW COMING WITH ME AND PLANS TO COME RACE THIS EVENT???
Today*12:10 AM #3 Hotprop
Registered Users
Dang late notice for a cancel !!!! This race has been going on for years! Wasted vacation days for this group..........Manning has never been cancelled. What good is a schedule if they wait till week before the race to cancel.....
Today*12:47 AM #4 Ray Leach
Paid Coonass Member
Originally Posted by Hotprop
Dang late notice for a cancel !!!! This race has been going on for years! Wasted vacation days for this group..........Manning has never been cancelled. What good is a schedule if they wait till week before the race to cancel.....
Unbelievable what some people come on here and type. Let me clarify for the record. The issue with this race was lack of funds by the promoting group. Period. We realize it is late in the game but when they informed us this morning that they weren't going to have it, we have do what is in the best interest of the club. Right Jeff??? Isn't that what we are supposed to do??? Or were you planning stroking a personal check to support boat racing like you support your ego with the keyboard? You seem to only have something to say when its in a negative light. Get over yourself.
Today*01:08 AM #5 patches
Registered Users
Sorry to hear that Ray
Erik Kiser

A race is who gets to the finish first, not who gets there on schedule
Today*03:35 AM #6 props4u2
Paid Coonass Member
That sure sucks for the club and the racers.
Atleast they said ahead of time the money wasn't there.
Years ago at an ADBA race in Dayton, Oh. the promoter took all the gate money and entry fees and skyed out before the race was over on Sunday.
Good luck ODBA/ECDBA, hope the remainder of the year will be profitable and fun.

Lee
2005 2006 2007 ECDBA Lake Racer High Points Champion / 2007 ODBA Lake Racer High Points Runner Up
Today*02:28 PM #7 allisonman280
Registered Users
i just hate to loose another race site. I feel sorry for the members that have took their time, effort and money to make sure everything was in place for this race to happen!! When this race was confirmed was the money suppose to be there and did someone back out as i was told this was going to be for gate money as some of the other race sites that has and was going to be raced at??? i understand all about the ecomony and the club not making the race site put up the guaranteed 10,000 or 12,500 that it use to in recent years but i been to races where the purse was smaller and was looing forward to being a close race for me even if the purse was smaller but my expenses were lower. are the rest of the races gonna have full purses or suppose to have full purses as i need to see what i can afford and where can i travel and see about having my help take off to be able to travel also thanks bryan welch
Today*04:43 PM #8 Ray Leach
Paid Coonass Member
Originally Posted by allisonman280
i just hate to loose another race site. I feel sorry for the members that have took their time, effort and money to make sure everything was in place for this race to happen!! When this race was confirmed was the money suppose to be there and did someone back out as i was told this was going to be for gate money as some of the other race sites that has and was going to be raced at??? i understand all about the ecomony and the club not making the race site put up the guaranteed 10,000 or 12,500 that it use to in recent years but i been to races where the purse was smaller and was looing forward to being a close race for me even if the purse was smaller but my expenses were lower. are the rest of the races gonna have full purses or suppose to have full purses as i need to see what i can afford and where can i travel and see about having my help take off to be able to travel also thanks bryan welch
Unbelievable.......................
Today*06:32 PM #9 allisonman280
Registered Users
simple questions ray!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Quick Navigation General Information Top
Quick Reply