Performer

GotMyAlly

Got a new prop yesterday. 15" x 28" Performer. What is the diameter on a merc Chopper II? 14.5"? This performer looks like it has huge blades. May have to send it to performance propeller to get a cut put on it.

I've been running my hydromotive quad IV at 1/8" below the pad. This is the first over hub I've ran. Any guesses as to which way I'll have to go with the jackplate to get this one dialed in?

B

BP

Bigger ears than Dumbo

Prop has bigger ears than Dumbo!!
Yes a Chopper II is 14.5.
Without specifics of your set up,I don't think anyone can say where to go with the engine height. I run my Choppers +1/4 and given the larger diameter of the Performer I'd guess you will be able to run it higher than the -1/8 you are at now . I would put it on just where it as at now and keep going up till you are happy with it.
Let us know how you like it.

Bob

GotMyAlly

yeah it's got some big ears. ANd the pic doesn't even do 'em justice. You have to hold it just to realize how big those blades are. I hope them bigger blades don't equate to more steering torque.

I may end up sending it to perf. prop. to get an HP cut put on it (similar to an allison cut).

SSTOM

I run a 15x30 stock Performer on my SS w/a stock 2.5 200 I usally run it even with the pad but it will run 1/4 above with out any problem on my boat. :shock: Try the prop the way it is and play with the height you will be impressed with it. Dark Allison and myself love the Performers they are a awsome prop. Tom 8)

J

John Richied

Now that prop should be able to carry some weight…and keep the Rpm's down.

Did it have the hairline crack in it when you bought it? The one on the leading edge on the blade that is down on the table…. LOL Just kidding.

A

Anonymous

You can run it a little higher due to the increased Dia. It will be a great prop. I'm surprused you aren't runin theOT/IV higher due to it being a 14 3/4 dia.

GotMyAlly

I ran the Performer today. It ran GREAT! It comes out of the hole and accelerates better than anything I've ran. I had a full fishing load, plus a spare prop (which I almost never carry) and full gas tanks. It hit the limiter real quick, so I don't think it has quite as much pitch as my 28" hydromotive. I'd say this prop runs more like a 27". It felt like it was probably a couple mph slower than my hydromotive, but had tons more bow lift. Even had less steering torque. I had the j/p set even w/ the pad and I had 20 psi so I could probalby have moved it up some more but I was already hitting the rev limiter so I didn't bother. It'll make a great heavy load prop, but doesn't have enough pitch to be a top end prop. I'll probably still run the hydromotive for my fishing prop though. THe hydromotive definitely beats this prop hands down when it comes to running in rough water.