pins and needles

kota

Ive got a 86 xtb ive restored with a 2.4 mod vp.The boat when running up on the pad and two people in it apears to be have the bow turning right. Im running a 26 yam drag turnin 7000 got mor e to go but the boat seems to be as my bddy says like driven on pins and needles He,s got a 2002xb and says mine comes out the hole like a rocket but ya cant drive it to the other end. Any ideas?

aaronmt

THe xtb is a very easy boat to drive when set up right. Tell us about setback,engine height,prop etc.My buddy(silverbullet02) has 150 promax on his and we got 84.7 out of it on the gps.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
You say the bow appears to be turning right? Like the boat is turning, or off balance? I've got to run quite a bit of weight over on the port side to keep it level. I've heard it said that if it leans a little to the left, you can overcome that, but if it's leaning to the right, just don't do it. Still learning myself tho.

Brian

ALLISONMAN

what gearcase you have??? we had a cle on a bullet back in 1986 that would run upper 90's but had a drift left that you couldnt overcome and it was all gearcase!!!

kota

Got the battery on the left side and 40lbs. Its not turning right its more like dog trackin. The set back is 7in height is 1/2 above the pad with a200 gaer case set up by bobs per. prop is a 26 yam drag

K.Kiser

1/2" above, with 7" jackplate, and a Yamaha Drag is a recipe for an unannounced hook... get down around even with the pad or a smidge below, possibly more jackplate and still be careful with top-ending a fishing weight Allison with a drag prop... Be careful

kota

THe boat is empty not loaded for fishin also the motor is offset to the left side of the boat.Is that really a big help for drivin the xtb ?

Last edited:

K.Kiser

The offset engine was a trick that some of the top-end Guy's did back when, but I don't know anything else about it in regard to what boat, speed, prop, setback, hull weight, etc. would require such a rigging..

kota

This boat has had nitrous on it and I have been told by some of the older guys it pos was the one that set a record of103 in a xtb in the mid 80,s MY ques. now is whether to change the setup are try to run with it. Is there any guys out there fimiluar with this?

pickwickangler

Call Darris. Anything less would make us all look silly.
+1 and whatever set up they had to run 103 on NOS for a top end run inda 1980's is going to be alot different then trying to fish out of it with the same set up. Be carefull.