Pinstripes

MWest77

Well. I've been wondering for some time now wether or not to put the pinstripes back on the XTB. I never saw the factory stripes so I chose my own. We like it.
[/IMG]
Before....and after...
[/IMG]

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it! Is there still one ghost pin stripe underneath those? I wish I had some pictures of what that boat used to look like. You wouldn't recognize it, lol!

MWest77

I like it! Is there still one ghost pin stripe underneath those? I wish I had some pictures of what that boat used to look like. You wouldn't recognize it, lol!
There is! Most people would never notice. The new stripes draw your eyes away. I didn't even think to look till you reminded me of them.

MWest77

Still got to redo the all the wiring and cables that are not sitting in the passenger side slot for the engine. Haven't figured that out yet. That jack plate put all that stuff at the length limit. I'll tackle it one day.

RobShaw-BasSport

Great job. I took the stripes off of my BasSPort Pro shortly after i bought it. Then, after about a year, I tried to put different colored stripes from Allison back on it. That was a complete failure! Anyway, i just dont have a steady enough hand!

robert

When I took possession of my BasSport Pro, I had it shrink wrapped to protect it from the travel to my home. When I took off the shrink wrap it tore off about 3 feet of the pins tripping. I called Bill at Allison and he sent me roll of the same pin striping. Because I don't trust myself to apply the new pin striping, any ideas or suggestions on how to do it?

GotMyAlly

Peel it all off! The perfect gel lines on an Allison don't deserve to be hidden by cheap pinstripe tape. I specifically ordered mine with no stripes.

I know that didn't help though..........

I use Rapid Tac when I put stickers down. Spray it once, wipe it down, then spray it again and apply the sticker. You can slide it around where you want it, then squeegee the excess out from under the vinyl. Let it set for a couple day and any remaining moisture will evaporate out from behind the sticker. Takes a little longer, but works well for getting things exactly where you want them.