Prop Question

Bob Ant

My experience with a 2003 XB is that the chopper II runs better than the ET. Based on what I hear and read the 2002's like the ET better. Reading the Merc Racing 2006 literature about props the Chopper II gerenates max bow lift and the ET gererates medium bow lift.
Based on air flow and my experience with both props this makes sense. Unfortunately my Chopper II lies at the bottom Lake Chicuamauga with half a prop shaft in it. Thats why I have been working with my ET.

Now my question. They allso rate the Tempest Plus 28P as a prop to run at 70 plus and it also gererated max bow lift. Anybody had the opportunity to compare the chopperII to the tempest plus. (Note that they rate the ChopperII as a prop for 60 plus with Max bow lift.)

Look forward to any feedback.

Bob A.

ALLISONMAN

bob i ran loved my 25 tempest with my 280 when i had the standard 20" mid section!!! my boat actually ran 96-97mph loaded to fish with that prop but when i put the offshore housing on the plane time got bad because of the lack of exhaust on the prop!!! i sold my 25 but i would try one if i was you and i think you would love it to fish and run loaded with!!!! oh by the way i turn the 25 like 8600-8800 so if youhave a limiter you will probably need a 27 or maybe a 28!!!

Bob Ant

Thanks Bryan. Yes, I do have a limiter on mine. I just bought a 26 Chopper II off of S&F. I don't have it yet so no details to report. It was after I made the deal on the chopper II that I read about the tempest Plus. I don't think I made a mistake on the chopper though. If the Chopper II runs like I think it will I will probably sell the ET 28 . I am also waiting on a prop from Hydromotive that Todd said will really turn the 280 on on my 2003.

Bob A.

B

BP

Bob,
On my previous 260/XB2003 when carrying fishing weight, my 26 ChopperII was my fave prop. Less holeshot than my 26/28 ET's but was was better in most all other respects. Solid mid 90's performer, regardless of weight.

Ditto what Bryan said about the Tempest.
A 25 Tempest was my only prop when I purchased the boat.
I ran an offshore exhaust and the holeshot was unacceptable, but otherwise liked the performance.

I predict you love the ChopperII, it just isn't as pretty as an ET.