props not for sale

robert

I think a good testimony about which props are the best are the ones seldom seen for sale; ets, hydromotive, and a few others. As a rule they are in the upper end of the $$$ scale as well.

fishnfireman

I think a good testimony about which props are the best are the ones seldom seen for sale; ets, hydromotive, and a few others. As a rule they are in the upper end of the $$$ scale as well.
Very true....
But also realize that for every ET sold new at 600.00 Plus ...for the last...what 6 to 8 years..

They have made about 10,000 Tempest a year for twice as long, at less than half the price.

My point is that for every 1... high dollar prop made...There were several thousand mid price props.
So yes they are going to be everywhere..

Kinda like looking for a used XB21 pro sport VS Nitro..

bigtis

Very true....
But also realize that for every ET sold new at 600.00 Plus ...for the last...what 6 to 8 years..

They have made about 10,000 Tempest a year for twice as long, at less than half the price.

My point is that for every 1... high dollar prop made...There were several thousand mid price props.
So yes they are going to be everywhere..

Kinda like looking for a used XB21 pro sport VS Nitro..
Well Said!!!!

whipper

All of the above true. As john said say an et for instance that is stock and the reason a person is selling it as it isnt messuring up to his expectations a stock any prop for that matter. If you need that style and pitch of prop for your needs and can get a $600-$800 prop for around the 300 dollar range regardless its a good deal. Now that being said you have to put some hours on said prop after you buy it to tell how its going to work for you. If its not as fast as the same setup guys same prop on your hull then you can always send it off and have it worked for 200 more dollars. Most often than not a worked prop buy one of the top three prop specialest in the country are going to make any prop faster than a stock prop on an Allison anyway. It is very rare to get a prop from Merc that is as best as it gets on our hulls. The few manufacturers of props that are exeptions to this are Todd props at Hydromotive and Performance Propellers props. The reason for Tonys is he is a Allison owner for years also and can test props on a Allison hull to know whats best for you. So you can order the right prop by talking to him telling him what you want out of a prop and that is what you get. Thats what happens when you get a prop worked. So figure 300-375 for a 9 out of 10 stocker then 200 to get her the way you need it. Or just as the saying goes call 1-900 Todd for a free consutation.
His props will work out of the box for Allisons some others will not. One more thing your not kidding about styles that are good not being for sale second hand! Try finding the 07 merc Cleaver 4 blade in a 30pitch!! I dare you.

Last edited:

fishnfireman

Todd---- Tony,,,Tony---Todd..

I think they both answer to Linda!!

Hey it's ok,,, we all get old.
I bet Todd don't care so much, what you call him by....just call him...........

Now where did I leave my glasses ???

Last edited:

Fishforcash

Stock? Whats that. Every prop I own has been worked. As soon as I run a baseline I send em off to be improved.

tx2step

JMHO but that's not always the case!I remember back when I owned my 02 having Tim cut me a brand new 28p Chopper2 and when it came back I thought it drove like crap.Since I had so dang much money invested I put it on the shelf and called it a lesson learned.6 monthe or so later I was out prop testing a 30et and a couple of re3's and decided to try the money pit Chopper again and I fell in love with it.It became my all aroung favorite loaded or empty once I leared to drive it properly.Anyway it proved to me not to sell anything unless you give it a few tries.I AM THE WORST ABOUT TRADING PROPS!

Last edited: