Quicksilver prop

citabriatom

I currently run a Hydromotive Quad IV OT 27 pitch which works well.A friend gave me a prop with the markings:JB Quicksilver 48 13372 A5 28P.I have not had a chance to try it out.Just curious as to what others in the know think of this one.Good,or send it down the road?

whipper

Thats a nice prop! Its a big ear Merc chopper. The predecessor to the chopper2. They are 14.5x28. It would make a great top speed prop and a good candidate for modifying. If im not mistaken these props can be cut to an ET style also or just have an Ally cut put on by a reputable prop shop. Most mods like an ally cut and polish will run you around 200 bucks or so. Its very much worth it but only if you feel it needs it. Try it out and see what you think. If you dont like something about it just talk to a shop and tell them what it was like and what you want out of it and you will get pretty much that. The best running prop I have is a worked 30 chopper with an Ally cut and polished. If your not used to three blades it takes a bit getting used to out of the hole. They spool up then grab and go. So when you floor it the seem like there cavitating and your RPM's will hit 6000 then they grab and your starting off at around 4000rpm. It doesnt hurt nothing but unless your used to it this can seem a little unsettleing at first. Just stay in the throttle dont back off and youll begine to like it because when she grabs your off like a shot! Thats why most all drag racers use 3 blades instead of 4. pluss your top speed will go up! Hears a great link with info about all the Merc Choppers. Later, James http://69.24.70.63/adamsdock/chopper.html

Last edited: