R.Henry Cable Luber 4 sale

grumpymedic

Probationary User
For sale R.Henry cable luber. I made this up to lube my cables but upon disconnecting the cable found out that my cables are the old "rack" style and cannot be removed from the assembly to be lubed. I paid $20 for the parts. I will sell for $15.00 and you pay for the shipping. I can take a picture if you need one,but luber is exactly like the one pictured in the Allison Owners Stuff page. http://allisonowners.com/helmluber.html

I can be reached at busted30@aircanopy.net

Thanks,
Rex

Blue Gray in PA

I'm not sure how old your cables are but my 1989 XTB21 cables are removeable. You have to unbolt them form the assembly, then take out the cotter pin on the far end, remove the nut and then unscrew the racks from the cables. You can then lube the cables from the rack end without a problem - just watch for leaks. I put extra rags down to protect the carpet. Hope this helps.

Scott

Sking

that's how mine were, I also removed the grease zerk from the cable at the motor end to let the solvent and ATF flow out easily..

grumpymedic

Probationary User
I appreciate the help guys. but I have removed my cables from underneath the helm and there is no cotter pin, it is a pressed on nut. I don't own a Allison boat (I wish I could afford) so I guess Allison's use a different system. I just got the idea for the cable luber from this website,so I figured I would offer it to somebody that uses this site. Again thanks for all your help and you have a great website.