Race fuel

scj

I will take 5 or 10 gallons if you'll sell that much. I'd like to see if it adds anything to the SHO output which seems responsive to higher grade premium.

I presume you meant 55 gallon drum...........

john4utvols

Nope it is an unopen 5gallon metal jug that come from vp. The guy I bought my boat from just ordered it. He said it cost $75 to have it shipped. $30 sound good.

Jon

Supporting Member
Just an FYI, a station does sell 110 octane at the pump somewhat local to the rally if anyone needs to run out.

Dave Hensley

The fuel is high quality but just remember high octane burns cooler. If you don't have a high compression motor it actually hurts performance. 87 octane actually has more btu's per gallon but a high compression motor detonates with it, or fires prematurely like a diesel, thus needing the higher octane fuel. An oxygenated additive is a different story. That will pep up a ProMax....for a little while any way.:)

Jon

Supporting Member
I only run it as I am... above stock compression :). I do blend with 93 100% down to what works for my motor. For a stock 225, there is absolutely no benefit in normal conditions. In the extreme heat (air and water), a blend at a slightly higher octane may help if it were running warm.

Jon

Supporting Member
I wish I had a 50G transfer tank to move some fuel. I plan to get one at some point, and maybe by next year I can bring a few G out to use for the ones that need it. No markup :)

Mick

I wish I had a 50G transfer tank to move some fuel. I plan to get one at some point, and maybe by next year I can bring a few G out to use for the ones that need it. No markup :)
Funny you say that, I've been looking for one since I picked up my rig from Skewby and saw his.. Just for the rally.. Motors so thirsty, it just needs and IV.. Lol

allimax

Just FYI for me, what octane is available there at the marina? Don't need 110 by any means but don't want 89 either.

RoseXB03

Yep, I fuel up every morning. 2 stores within a few miles that have 100% 93 octane. The one south of marina was $2.99 and the one north was like $3.45... Gulp