RANDY "GPI" YOU DA MAN!!!

FLYING BUTCHER

Who ever said you couldn't dial in a boat long distance. Randy has been working on getting my stock 280 with 260 electronics ready for the drags. Can't even begin to tell you all the things he has done. In my class I can not break out of 12 seconds. The best the boat has ever ran was ONCE 11:97 with a 390 hp Merc that went down 6 times in less than 40 hours. Boat ran mid 12 with two different 260 (this is a old heavy 2003) Any way first time out with Randy's setting the ECU and sending me one of his drag props 12:01 TWICE!!! I have always started with engine tucked clear down. I was leaving 20 thousands on the clock before breaking starting line lights, leaving on first number that came up (9). Second day I trimed the engine up (I took a stop watch and found by saying "one thousand" it took exactly 20 thousands of a second. Went into the race and trimed the engine up Cut a perfect light .006! I was ahead of the other guy so far I shut it down so I wouldn't break out (flopped around a little). Next run I drew club champion (I ran him day before and he red lighted). What a race I beat him by 3 feet!! Problem I red lighted by .004 Damn and he broke out, Great time and can't begin the thank Randy enough. Saw Lars and a couple othe Allison guys there. Hoss props work on Allisons. Headed fishin for the rest of the week. Later guys

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Congratulations Bill, I have been waiting to hear the news!! Great stuff!

Rocket

FLYING BUTCHER,, Great job bill!!! :D

I'm New around here so bare with me,, :?

What club do you race with? :D

What class?

Ya got any pictures of your toy??

J

John Richied

Right on Bill! I was wondering how you did…

Sounds like Randy was whom you needed to deal with years ago… Well as they say better late then never.

Congratulations and I’m sorry I didn’t make it back down to Red Bluff to watch.

One last question for ya… If you line up in the left lane, do you take the tree on the right or wait until after you’re past the lights to swing to the right… LOL

Take em on the Right! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FLYING BUTCHER

drags

Lou you need to bring that monster to the drags man!! Once you do it you will be hooked, and I know you are an adrenaline junkie as bad as I am!! We need more big block crushers. Try cutting hundreths of a second off your starting time and not breaking out at the top end by running to fast. Lot more to work at than lake racin. Sure would like to see you run her once. Next race here is June 18 in Eugene. It is in conjunction with IHBA so it will be another big one. Just got my lower unit back today. I will try it at least on one run but so dialed in right now I don't want to break out and run to quick. You do have my colors for the "retired ole man" drag boat. Let me know when you want to sell her and I will bring her to Texas with me!!! God did I ever laugh talking with you the other day. Only you and I could ever appreciate it!! Wish I was going with you and Badbait to the rally. Keep an eye on that old fart, he can't see anything and doesn't care if he does!! Later

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Bill, I couldn't laugh hard enough the day we talked about our luck. We really missed you at the WAR and hope that in your retirement, you will still be able to make the WARs from time to time!

As for draggin, I have plans to do so in the future but I have to wait awhile...mostly to accumulate some seat time and develop a driving style!

It's going to be a tough job to keep Badbait and Trojan out of trouble at the TN rally. You need to be there to help out!

badbait

I'd say you already have a driving style Lou. Starting in 2005 your the undefeated West Coast Allison driver. All you have to do is line up in the right direction and stand on it son. That little boat of yours will do the rest. I may not be able to beat that little boat of yours but I want to lineup with you every year just to make sure you haven't lost your nerve.

badbait

Bill I had planned on being at the drags and was in phone contact with a friend that was there and he said you guys got shut off the first day after a half day of racing because of wind. Sorry I wasn't able to get there and I'm glad to here you did well. You would of needed everything you had and then some to keep up with Lou this year at the Rally.

Don't worry about Larry and I at the Tn. Rally. When it comes to raising hell those boys back there make Larry and I look like a couple of lite weights. A guy named Les came out to the West Coast Rally and taught me how to chew and spit. I'm sure I'll be learning some other useful things when I get back there.

J

John Richied

Badbait ( Bill) your too cool!...

And funny... well you have the corner on that one, "I'm sure I'll be learning some other useful things when I get back there" LOL :p

FLYING BUTCHER

chew and spit

How the hell are you going to keep them straight!!! Damn Lou I didn't know "no plug Larry" was going with you to!! How much does "old folds" baby sitting pay nowadays?? I sure feel bad for you. One fumbling around looking for a plug the other trying to remember if he is supposed to spit or chew and can't see where hge is going WHAT A PAIR Lou you need a nurse's license. Try to get them back in time for their meds