Rapair ECU question

scott mann

Looking for any input with regards to re-mapping the ECU on a stock Merc 225 PM. A while back I was experiencing some over-heating and in an attempt to remediate some of the problem opted to have Rapair remap my stock A-17 ECU to the newer, richer A-32 profile. Since then, I seem to have lost a little on the top end. After discussion with Sean at Rapair, I am considering having him remap with one of his "custom ECU profiles". Any input would be appreciated. I am also going to have the timing checked since I am not sure what all "Bozo" the guessing mechanic did while he had my rig in his shop (but that's a different story altogether).
Thanks,
Scott Mann
'96 xb-2003 ProSport, '96 225 PM (20") drilled Midsection and aftermarket tuner (not sure of brand), stock Sportmaster

brotherxb03

I think I would lean towards your water system if you are talking about your temp gauge being high and not your exaust temp. If your motor was runing lean it would lock up before showing on your temp gauge.

spanky

JUST FIND YOU A 200ECU AND BE DONE WITH IT. THEY HAVE A 7800 RPM LIMIT AND A BETTER FUEL CURVE FOR OUR LIGHTER BOATS.

scott mann

ECU

You are right about the overheating problem, it was the base gaskets.
However that was a few months ago and I've just recently had the opportunity to "air her out" some and she won't hardly spin a 26 ET to about 6500 rpms; that ain't right.
hhhmmmmm....